Sun n fun vs. OSH

TGreen

Agree with @Andy95W but I got beat up pretty bad here a few years ago expressing my frustration with Sun & Fun.  After 30 years at Oshkosh, it simply doesn’t compare.  

That said,  it’s a great spring Aviation event, in warm weather, for snowbound and “tired of winter” northerners and locals that DON’T make the trek to the greatest aviation show in the world in July in Wisconsin.   The vendor participation is decent and the air show acts were pretty good as well.  My frustration, as a builder with specific goals for my attendance, was the much lower participation of builder planes AND (especially) being locked out of the display area for experimental aircraft during show times.  Pretty much eliminated  the main reason I attended the show.  

Having a winter home at Spruce Creek in Florida and being down there in April, I would love to bring my 2018 Lindy Award winning Lancair over there during the show, but with such limited access to my plane by the public during the show and the horrific dirt I see accumulated on aircraft that ARE displayed, barring changes I will likely continue as an occasional “drive in” attendee and just appreciate an Aviation event at a time of the year most of the country is still reeling from the rages of Mother Nature and winter.  

So YES ....... it’s worth your time to attend.   Just be realistic with your goals, especially if you’re a regular attendee of Oshkosh.  

Tom

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SnF is a great place to see the latest GA hardware and planes...

Anything being launched for 2020 will be here...

Cold spring weather...

1/3 scale compared to KOSH...

So...

If you are in a rush to see the new G displays.... SnF should be good for that...

Camping and taxiing in rough grass... beware the holes and transitions...

Fortunately the shows are scheduled well.... see SnF first then go to KOSH...   :)

It may be disappointing to do it in reverse order...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2