Clock Requirements

65eTurbo

From the POH:

8. CLOCK. (Mechanical Clock -Optional) 
The electric, digital, panel mounted clock, may be Used/set by the following procedures:. Three buttons are located below the digital face of tKe clock and identified as 
START/STOP. CLEAR 6 MODE. 
Normal or Elapsed time. 
MODE - Push to switch from normal time to elapsed time. 
STARTISTOP - Push to start or stop seconds when in elapsed time mode. 
CLEAR - Push to reset elapsed time to Zero. 
Set Hours, Minutas or 24 vs 12 hourtime 
Push and Hold CLEAR buttons for 4-5 seconds to enter clock mode; 12 H or 24 H will 
Flash. 
Push both START/STOP button to select either 12 or 24 hour mode. 
Push CLEAR to select hours (hours flashing/minutes steady) or minutes 
(hour steady/minutes flashing) for setting. Push START/STOP to increase either hours or minutes until desired time is set. 
In 12 H mode set PM (P) if necessary. Push MODE to return to normal time

ISSUED 1 - 96 7-5 

Timing an approach... Probably the most important thing that clock can do...

That LB clock should be able to handle it...

The other multifunction devices... the clock and timer are on different pages than their other primary functions...

In some cases... there are apps that work better for timing things...  but the panel or yoke mounted clock is always there to do that one important thing... visibly display time and/or timer...

Best regards,

-a-

Instead of trying to get around the regulation, Maybe someone could petition the FAA to change the regulation. It is clearly obsolete.

Nothing in attached document above leads me to believe the FAA folks don’t think the regulation is unneeded. Their job is to get everybody to comply with the regulations. So change the regulations.

Just now, N201MKTurbo said:

Instead of trying to get around the regulation, Maybe someone could petition the FAA to change the regulation. It is clearly obsolete.

Nothing in attached document above leads me to believe the FAA folks don’t think the regulation is unneeded. Their job is to get everybody to comply with the regulations. So change the regulations.

I recall that way back around 1990 Hal Shevers (Sportys founder for those that don’t know) petitioned the FAA to allow the substitution of a backup attitude indicator for a T&B/turn coordinator.  How many years did that take?

Skip

Just now, PT20J said:

I recall that way back around 1990 Hal Shevers (Sportys founder for those that don’t know) petitioned the FAA to allow the substitution of a backup attitude indicator for a T&B/turn coordinator.  How many years did that take?

Skip

Sure, but I’m sure there is a procedure for it. Wouldn’t hurt to fill out the forms and send them in and see what happens.

1 hour ago, GeeBee said:

The only thing definitive here is "no wrist watch". There are still a number of questions that are unanswered. 

So I'm not asking the question. My Mooney, with an IFD540, has a clock. As far as I'm concerned, case closed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PT20J said:

Skip

13 years, it was 2003

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC91-75.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

The only thing definitive here is "no wrist watch". There are still a number of questions that are unanswered. 

So I'm not asking the question. My Mooney, with an IFD540, has a clock. As far as I'm concerned, case closed.

Data blocks on the Avidyne IFDs are awesome!!

• Like 2