Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

+1...

The carpet is nice... but Mooney used a paper thin carpet originally...

When I put new carpet in... trimming the pile near the floor solved most of the problem... this is the area where the excess carpet seems to be most problematic...

Mine was mostly a problem seating the bar on the floor... same problem, different dimension...

Trimming the pile looks a bit funny... but it is similar to squishing the pile with the J-bar...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Bumping to the top- what are the chances of running another batch?

Hi Raptor, I’m willing to do my part to get another batch run. The more orders the better in regards to pricing.

David

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

Hi Alex,

I’ll check with my shop to see what a minimum run would be. Will this be just for downlocks or both down and up locks? 
David

Can he quote for both and quote for just downlocks?

I've got 11 members on the Mooney Pilots Facebook page marked as "interested" and 4 on here so far.

Edited by Raptor05121

On 3/9/2021 at 7:51 AM, Raptor05121 said:

Can he quote for both and quote for just downlocks?

I've got 11 members on the Mooney Pilots Facebook page marked as "interested" and 4 on here so far.

Hi Alex, 

Yes, I have asked to quote for the down lock and up lock blocks separately. We did this on the first run. At some point we’ll need to finalize the order count. If it works for you, once we have the order total, would you be the point person to collect the payment per each order? I’ll handle the parts on my end and when they’re done, ship them to each person. We’ll need to collect each persons contact info and what address to ship to when the parts are complete. Contact me at sabremech at gmail.com. I’ll get you my phone number so we can communicate as needed.

Thank you,

David

They used GoFundMe last time, but I don't think there is any way to avoid the fees. If you did a PayPal then you could have everyone send it as "Friends/Family" which does not have any fees associated with it. The easiest way to track it is probably set up an Excel sheet with the person, what they ordered, contact info/shipping address, and then how much they paid and when. 

If you are too buried and all David is looking for is someone to collect/track payments and then forward the funds on to him I would be happy to help out with it. My day job is CFO of some auto dealerships, this would be much easier. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

What would be the most efficient way to track payment, etc? I *can* do it but I don't specifically want to. I am in the midst of moving for a new job and spend 10+ hours a day training. So as long as no one wants instant notification, I could probably handle it. I'll start a new thread.

Tell us about the new job when you get a chance.

15 hours ago, Skates97 said:

If you are too buried and all David is looking for is someone to collect/track payments and then forward the funds on to him I would be happy to help out with it. My day job is CFO of some auto dealerships, this would be much easier. :)

Yes please! I do not want to hang up the operation with my delay, your experience would be much better and efficient than I. The PayPal route is exactly what I was thinking.

33 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Tell us about the new job when you get a chance.

Working on a post right now :)

Edited by Raptor05121
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:16 AM, Anders J said:

Made this, you can take to your local Sign-A-Rama.  Added the dwg file, if you feel you want to make changes.

AndersJ

Label.dwg 46 kB · 12 downloads Label.pdf 318.33 kB · 32 downloads

Anders, do you happen to know of a shop that can cut these? I have been searching for hours for something with the listed Trotec Trolase LL75 but to no avail. My local sign shop wants to make flimsy paper stickers- apparently they're unable to do metallic stuff.