Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

7 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

David's ( @Sabremech) Johnson Bar hit so hard it actually bent it, which led to other problems.  I think it was before he bought the airplane, but he determined the only possible cause was slamming forward.

But hopefully he'll correct me if I got it wrong.

I think David’s scenario was likely different. If say you are raising the gear and it slips out of your hand in the first  20° of bar travel it will slam forward into the down lock. This can be demonstrated on jacks. If  one lets go of the Johnson bar a few inches from the drown lock the gear slams into it. That is a different scenario and a different position than the gear popping out of the up lock. I know how mine reacts because I have seen it hand. I cannot envision one Mooney swinging a hammer through the cockpit and another that doesn’t, but anything is possible. 

4 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

No bruising as I recall, but it did hit my funny bone ...... which made me start to laugh !  :lol:

I had mine come off the floor a few years ago due to pax belt stuck under it.  Came up quite fast, caught my elbow and jammed my hand against the throttle quite hard.  No bruise but quite memorable.  So, it seems that perhaps the first half of travel can have enough energy to hurt, but likely stabilizes and slows before slamming into the panel, which is good to know.  As I think about it, that is how it is on jacks as well.

• Thanks 1

In transition training, I distinctly remember the J-Bar slamming against the uplock when I let go of the bar on one of my first attempts to raise the gear.   This is after I practiced for an hour on jacks to understand the weight and feel of the procedure.   Unfortunately, that practice didn't take into account any G forces or the attitude of the aircraft.  (...and No, I wasn't inverted.)

During that time, I also dropped the bar in straight and level flight when just practicing and it did go to 45 degrees and slowly swing in a =/- 10 degree motion.  

My biggest issue now is popping the passenger's seat belt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seymour said:

In transition training, I distinctly remember the J-Bar slamming against the uplock on one of my first attempts to raise the gear when I let go of the bar.   This is after I practiced for an hour on jacks to understand the weight and feel of the procedure.   Unfortunately, that practice didn't take into account any G forces or the attitude of the aircraft.  

During that time, I also dropped the bar in straight and level flight when just practicing and it did go to 45 degrees and slowly swing in a =/- 10 degree motion.  

My biggest issue now is popping the passenger's seat belt.

^^^^^^This.

10 hours ago, Andy95W said:

David's ( @Sabremech) Johnson Bar hit so hard it actually bent it, which led to other problems.  I think it was before he bought the airplane, but he determined the only possible cause was slamming forward.

But hopefully he'll correct me if I got it wrong.

Well, when I talked to Don Maxwell after finding the J-bar bent, he’s seen it numerous times and said it got bent by hitting the downlock block when it inadvertently came out of the uplock block in flight. 
I’ll take Don’s word for it as I’m not going to try it in flight to prove or disprove whether a myth or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammdo said:

Bump just for keeping relevant and to see if anything new happened...

-Don

Hi Don,

The parts are well along in process. I may have the first 2 parts to install in my airplane this week. 
Thanks,

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Browncbr1 said:

I was flying along last week and took a shot of my block.  Although I haven’t had any problems yet, I’m glad it will be replaced soon.  Figured  I would go get new biscuits and clean up the rigging all at the same time.  

A2903298-EA1C-4327-95FA-DFBB28D1D55D.jpeg

How many hours? I’m going out and ck mine while the annual is going on...

-Don

15 minutes ago, Supercop0184 said:

Nooooooo so I missed the window? No way to sneak an extra order in?

If indeed your opportunity has passed I hear that LASAR has them in stock once again.  I have not confirmed that, but it would be worth checking out if this opportunity is gone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MilitaryAV8R said:

If indeed your opportunity has passed I hear that LASAR has them in stock once again.  I have not confirmed that, but it would be worth checking out if this opportunity is gone.

Thank you much I sure will

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

I picked up a set of the uplock and downlock blocks today to fit on my aircraft. I’ll try to install them tomorrow and test the form, fit and function. 
Thanks,

David

4BCC1BB2-D997-4611-92AE-11B52D07870F.jpeg

DFE4FE5C-47DB-4996-BD5B-3A6C1874362E.jpeg

Terrific!  Thanks to you, and everyone that helped make this a reality.....impressive indeed !! 

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

I picked up a set of the uplock and downlock blocks today to fit on my aircraft. I’ll try to install them tomorrow and test the form, fit and function. 
Thanks,

David

4BCC1BB2-D997-4611-92AE-11B52D07870F.jpeg

DFE4FE5C-47DB-4996-BD5B-3A6C1874362E.jpeg

Sabermech I had posted early on about wanting a set but there was so confusion at the point I posted about the moneys needed/ is there a way to get a set at this point?

8 minutes ago, Supercop0184 said:

Sabermech I had posted early on about wanting a set but there was so confusion at the point I posted about the moneys needed/ is there a way to get a set at this point?

Hi Supercop,

I would need to make another order with the shop for a set for you. You might send AndersJ a message and see if you can contribute still to the drawing fund and the metal testing. 
That would allow me to place an order specific for you as the group order is closed and I can’t add to it. 
Thank you,

David

13 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

Hi Supercop,

I would need to make another order with the shop for a set for you. You might send AndersJ a message and see if you can contribute still to the drawing fund and the metal testing. 
That would allow me to place an order specific for you as the group order is closed and I can’t add to it. 
Thank you,

David

I’ll get on that - thank you

I installed both the up lock and down lock blocks in my airplane today. All fit perfect and worked well. 
I do want to tell the group that the machine shop is in Illinois and the Governor is shutting the state down for two weeks. This will cause a delay in finishing the parts and getting them out to anodizing. 
Thank you,

David

E6E5BE3B-2AA7-422F-988A-B583860ED5EF.jpeg

F3B18BBB-2BCA-4417-A8FD-19965ED5972C.jpeg

E0765196-5E78-4BC0-8F1C-F5F3ACFD2BC3.jpeg

E41E8C13-F777-4E26-BFAA-8B3FE6F1583D.jpeg

• Like 1