Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

10 hours ago, rbridges said:

Is the up block pretty dependable?  I'm having no issues;.I think the previous owner replaced the down block from lasar.  I'm just wanting to have a part when/if an issue arises. 

expect the differences in the wear come from the forces between the block and J-bar...

when the gear is down... there is lots of weight and forces while moving on the ground...

The problem occurs when the gear gets put NEARLY in place because a worn step interrupts the smooth completion of stowing the gear.

In the down lock... the oval pattern is easy to photograph (In flight)... the wear step can be felt...

If the up lock has similar issues... taking pics and feeling for worn steps is easier to do, no flying required...

One thing for sure... having the J-bar release from the locks is bad... while taxiing or in cruise... :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a- 

• Like 1

A quick note to the group, I’ve received many orders. I’ll put the list together and post it here for all to double check to make sure I didn’t miss someone. I’d like to submit the order by Friday to my shop as the lead time is 4-5 weeks for completed parts. 

The lab got back with me today and recommended 6061-T6511 (extruded) for these parts so that’s what we’ll manufacture them out of. 
Thank you,

David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jamesm said:

so do we E-mail you David or is there a web site.. sorry I am a little I didn't e-mail other than your mooneyspace e-mail address and wasn't sure if that was the preferred e-mail address?

Hi James, e-mail me what you’d like to order at sabremech@gmail.com. Also give me your shipping address. 
Thanks,

David

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jamesm said:

side note....

How much assembly is required ? assuming that we have to disassemble and  re use the existing  spring and latching mechanism off our existing down lock block. that go into the  new extruded down lock block.

Thanks,

James '67C

You will need to swap over the latching mechanism and spring. As far as removing and installing the new one, you’ll need to remove the two screws holding the gear down light and the two mounting bolt nuts, of course while the aircraft is up on jacks. It doesn’t take too long to swap out.

• Like 1

Here's the order list so far: 

Alex M  (FL) -- 1 downlock

Richard B. (CA) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Jon D (GA) -- 1 downlock

Donald H (TX). -- 1 downlock 1 ulock

Daniel K. (AL) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Chuck M  (TX).-- 1 downlock

Bert C. (GA) -- 1 downlock

Richard T (NH) --1 downlock 1 uplock

Kieth S (?). --1 downlock 1 uplock

Brice D (?) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

James M ( WA) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Anthony H (FL) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Joe W (DE) --1 uplock

Dave B (MA) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Greg E (TX) -- 1 downlock 1 uplock

Hector P (FL) -- 1 downlock

Ned G (Canada). 1 downlock 1 uplock

Leo H (UT) 1 uplock

Chris F (PA) 1 downlock 1 uplock

Robert B (GA) 1 downlock 1 uplock

John B (?) 1 uplock

If your name is not on the list or you want to confirm it is you as I don't have an address for a couple of people, email me at

If you haven't contributed to the drawing fund, look for Andersj in this thread and I believe you still can contribute to the gofundme for the drawings. 

I'm still trying to think of the best way to handle payment as I'd like for the customer to only have pay once which would include the shipping cost. 

Thank you,

David

Edited by Sabremech
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

This is the message I sent to David, but I know he's busy and may not have time to play 20 questions with each of us.

"I'm interested but I'm not sure if I should go with one or both?  What do you recommend?  Mine is for a rainy day.  I believe the one on the floor (gear up lock) has been replaced, but isn't this the one that wears fastest?"

What's everyone's opinion of which to purchase?

Just now, rbridges said:

Mine is for a rainy day.  I believe the one on the floor (gear up lock) has been replaced, but isn't this the one that wears fastest

I'll get booted from the CB club for saying this, but here goes:
Mine is for rainy day purposes also.   I see an opportunity that may not be available in the future.   I missed out on the luggage compartment hinge (which I REALLY can use now) and still regret not purchasing when they were fabricated.   Since both are critical (as @carusoam noted, a J-bar swinging freely through the cabin should be considered a dangerous weapon and the the upblock is crucial to prevent post-landing gear collapse) I'm buying both to sit on a shelf in my hangar.   Telling the CFO to Treat 'em like my baseball cards; someday they'll be valuable.......

Dave

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seymour said:

I'll get booted from the CB club for saying this, but here goes:
Mine is for rainy day purposes also.   I see an opportunity that may not be available in the future.   I missed out on the luggage compartment hinge (which I REALLY can use now) and still regret not purchasing when they were fabricated.   Since both are critical (as @carusoam noted, a J-bar swinging freely through the cabin should be considered a dangerous weapon and the the upblock is crucial to prevent post-landing gear collapse) I'm buying both to sit on a shelf in my hangar.   Telling the CFO to Treat 'em like my baseball cards; someday they'll be valuable.......

Dave

This thread has gone on far too long without any thread drift...:lol:

I just made one out of some scrap aluminum that I had around the hangar along with a rivet and washer in between the two arms for spacing. The first go at it was a little rough but it is fully functional. I'm planning on making a better one, taking a little more time. 

20191122_195910.thumb.jpg.2a1fc0d133f7a9a1b108e1ec377f8ca0.jpg20191122_195923.thumb.jpg.d4b75ec4685c41da988e50be59914f53.jpg

• Like 1