Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

10 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

Red anodizing is possible. 

Anodizing is a good protectant for aluminum. When the color starts to wear off, it's a visible sign to check everything for alignment. The parts can then be stripped, checked for wear and either reanodized or replaced.

Be sure to check the handle that locks into these blocks for similar wear, even though its steel is harder than the aluminum lock blocks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

My floor block is fair to middlin, but I’m looking forward to the distinct possibility of a new one! Is a RED one a possibility ?:D

B23EE2B1-F220-4425-AA15-0AD53D8545BB.jpeg

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been nice if these were engineered with an insert that could be replaced instead of the whole housing.

15 minutes ago, rbridges said:

I know hindsight is 20/20, but it would have been nice if these were engineered with an insert that could be replaced instead of the whole housing.

Rob, just think of it as a dental implant.  :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rjfanjet said:

I received the drawings, thank you. 6064 aluminum? What's the best to use. 

Thanks

Just a quick note that the alloy on the drawing isn’t necessarily what is used. Still planning to send my old down lock block out to a lab to determine the original alloy used. 
Thanks,

David

Just now, Rjfanjet said:

I received the drawings, thank you. 6064 aluminum? What's the best to use. 

Thanks

I am getting a quote for a single test run in Aluminum 7075.  David is getting a quote on testing an original block, to identify the material.  There has been some interest in the pin in the up block too, but I have not taken any action on it.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Anders J said:

It is as if they don't want the business.

They are probably busy and don't care about small order.

I remember years ago getting online quote from machine shop for some simple Al brackets for car suspension upgrade with me doing CAD modeling. My memory fades but it seems ordering qty. 100 of them was only twice as expensive as ordering one! Once the CNC programming is done and machine setup, material is cheap...

Good luck.

Does anyone know why LASAR does not have the part manufactured anymore? Their shop got closed?

55 minutes ago, Anders J said:

Got a crazy quote today for CNC'ed Aluminum 7075-T6 - ha ha

GEAR UP GEAR UP POSITION BLOCK Qty1 $1,000.00, Qty10 $500.00/each
GEAR DOWN GEAR DOWN POSITION BLOCK Qty1 $1,000.00, Qty10 $500.00/each

It is as if they don't want the business.

Looking elsewhere

Anders

I'll have a quote from my shop in the next few days. Asked for a quote of 10 each of the up and down lock blocks. 

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1