Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

Sending up a flag for those in the thread that expressed interest, if you have already contributed then please disregard.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/gear-down-lock-block
[mention=15932]ragedracer1977[/mention], [mention=8543]M20F-1968[/mention], [mention=7709]rbridges[/mention], [mention=12049]CWM20f[/mention], [mention=18085]67 m20F chump[/mention], [mention=11368]LunkenPilot[/mention],  [mention=13319]Raptor05121[/mention], [mention=7823]moodychief[/mention], [mention=12566]Jim Peace[/mention], [mention=11763]jwarren2[/mention], [mention=12959]Browncbr1[/mention], [mention=7178]Flybeech21[/mention], [mention=10018]Hector[/mention]

Alright. Donated. Let’s see if we can get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

You guys are GOOD!

As a founding member of the CB club... I have honored the cause by laying down my lunch money for today... :)

Last I checked you are all 1/4 of the way there...

Best regards,

-a-

I'm impressed! An Ovation with a johnson bar???  ;)  I know, I know, your old C had one. But my C is electric!

10 minutes ago, Hank said:

I'm impressed! An Ovation with a johnson bar???  ;)  I know, I know, your old C had one. But my C is electric!

I’d love to put all the mechanical parts into my O...

Including... Mechanical speed brakes... :)

And a moving step....

-a-

On 1/10/2020 at 4:42 PM, Sabremech said:

I have a fairly new set of uplock  and down lock blocks from LASAR in my bird. I’m not quite sure that I’d want to send them out, but would be willing to see what my shop would charge to make a set. 

David

All - wow that didn't take long.  I love how this community comes together in a time of need.  Thank you to all how donated, it will be put to good use with David, getting drawings made.

@Sabremech, if you give me some contact information via email, I will get the funds forwarded to you.  My private email adr: andersj1030@gmail.com

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Sending up a flag for those in the thread that expressed interest, if you have already contributed then please disregard.

@ragedracer1977, @M20F-1968, @rbridges, @CWM20f, @67 m20F chump, @LunkenPilot@Raptor05121, @moodychief, @Jim Peace, @jwarren2, @Browncbr1, @Flybeech21, @Hector

looks like the goal is already met!   wow .. will check back later for unit cost.. 

@ragedracer1977, @M20F-1968, @rbridges, @CWM20f, @67 m20F chump, @LunkenPilot@Raptor05121, @moodychief, @Jim Peace, @jwarren2, @Browncbr1, @Flybeech21, @Hector

Donated.

VERY COOL GUYS!!  The value of this community is awesome.  To put this in perspective, frankly, we don't know the long term future/viability of Mooney as a company.  It may very well be that we will need to start relying more on each other and this community, and folks like Maxwell, David (Sabremech), LASAR, and others who are willing to make parts to keep our birds flying.  It should also be noted that in order to remain in the good graces of the FAA with these owner produced parts, technical documentation in terms of a good drawing produced and maintained by folks that already have a relationship with the FAA I think is important.     

• Like 1

If only you could package and sell it outside of the forum...:P

Can't sell the parts, but you can sell the data to the people who need to make the parts.   If a shop gets a reputation for making the parts well, I don't think there's anything stopping multiple people from sending the exact same data and asking for the exact same part to be built.

Or have a piece of billet material drop shipped to a shop that already has the data and ask for the part to be made out of that.

There are a lot of ways it can be done and be compliant with the rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Can't sell the parts, but you can sell the data to the people who need to make the parts.   If a shop gets a reputation for making the parts well, I don't think there's anything stopping multiple people from sending the exact same data and asking for the exact same part to be built.

Or have a piece of billet material drop shipped to a shop that already has the data and ask for the part to be made out of that.

There are a lot of ways it can be done and be compliant with the rules.

I know, but we were talking about packaging and selling his wit and wisdom. The trouble with that is not the FAA, it's finding the right buyers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Anders J said:

All - wow that didn't take long.  I love how this community comes together in a time of need.  Thank you to all how donated, it will be put to good use with David, getting drawings made.

@Sabremech, if you give me some contact information via email, I will get the funds forwarded to you.  My private email adr: andersj1030@gmail.com

Awesome group. I will get the parts to the shop tomorrow for the drawings. I’ll also contact via e-mail and we’ll take care of the funds after I provide the drawings. Shouldn’t take too long. Thank you,

David

• Like 3

One other item that we need to consider is what alloy will be equivalent or stronger than the original casting the part is made from. I’m willing to donate my old part to the cause to determine what alloy to use if needed unless someone already knows the alloy?

David

If we can determine the alloy for the original part we can certainly come up with an improved alternate. If we can’t find documentation to determine original alloy then we’ll need to have it tested (chemical composition, hardness, conductivity). I may be able to help if it comes to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1