Looking for a up lock and down lock block for CNC owner produced

35 minutes ago, hammdo said:

I think we're at a point to make this happen! ;o) 

-Don 

Ok, I’m going to make a call to LASAR to see if my shop can help them get their parts back in production first. After that, if they don’t want to do that, I’ll remove my up and down lock blocks and get them drawn. I’m willing to get the drawings done if the group can cover the cost of the drawings? I’ll get a quote for the drawings in pdf and post it here before proceeding. 
Thank you,

David

I want to press forward myself. I saw that in the other discussion but what happens if they don’t or loose their CNC again? I’d rather have an out myself. I thought they only had one of the blocks anyway and not both. I’d like to have both...

-Don

14 minutes ago, hammdo said:

I want to press forward myself. I saw that in the other discussion but what happens if they don’t or loose their CNC again? I’d rather have an out myself. I thought they only had one of the blocks anyway and not both. I’d like to have both...

-Don

Ok, I’ll work to get a quote for the blocks. Will take a bit as I’m traveling the next few days, but will pull the blocks out and drop off for the quote later in the week.

Thanks,

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have no idea what original part was made of (LASAR part on my plane is machined) but nowadays 7075 alloy is not preferred for a new design due to low corrosion and fatigue properties. You can choose between few condition that can vary strength and properties but generally Al7475 is preferred way to go, or 7050 high strength (and thickness) application.

Probably doesn't matter for this application.

Got a down block from BDPetersen — will go that angle too while David works his. Will still be looking for an up block but if I don’t get one, may pull mine.

Never hurts to try different avenues...

@BDPetersen

Thanks!  I’ll retuned this as soon as possible...

-Don

Edited by hammdo

42 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Got a down block from BDPetersen — will go that angle too while David works his. Will still be looking for an up block but if I don’t get one, may pull mine.

Never hurts to try different avenues...

@BDPetersen

Thanks!  I’ll retuned this as soon as possible...

-Don

So do you still want me to get mine drawn? If not, let me know as I don’t need to pull apart my bird then. 
Thanks,

David

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

Ok, the cost for me to have both the up lock and down lock blocks drawn in Solid Model is $400. I’m willing to pull both of mine out of my airplane to have them drawn if the cost of the drawings are covered.

Thanks,

David

David - set up a go fund me, and I will chip in for a set of drawings, and be ready to buy, when ready.

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

Ok, the cost for me to have both the up lock and down lock blocks drawn in Solid Model is $400. I’m willing to pull both of mine out of my airplane to have them drawn if the cost of the drawings are covered.

Thanks,

David

Thanks for checking.  Do you or anyone know what the approximate cost to produce the blocks will be?