1979 M20J for sale- TKS, LoPresti cowl, factory reman

Hockeybabe39

I'm selling my 1979 M20J- bought a newer J.  $160,000 Was planning on keeping this one so I had a lot of work done to fix things- finally got the plane into the shape I thought I had bought.  TT6300, 400 since factory reman, TKS, Powerflow Gen 2 exhaust, Aspen Evolution Max, G530W, etc.  Using John Decker at Rivanna Aircraft to help me sell it as I can be out of touch for quite a while.  Plane is located at KXLL right now, will be in KLNS starting 1/10.  Take a look!   thanks!

19 years newer and 4000 fewer hours.  It also has not had any avionics upgrades (has a KLN94!) so I'm going to do a complete panel upgrade and remove the vacuum system.  I have been investigating how to do that in 9EC.  With the Evolution Max- that is certified as a primary instrument so it doesn't have to have certified backups.  Can remove the AI that's running the Century 41, add the autopilot adapter to the Aspen, and replace the AI with a G5.  That was going to be my next step, and then 7FM became available.....

originalme- hangars are tight around the area.  EC is hangared in LNS right now because XLL has no space available.  Shouldn't stop you from buying a plane though!!  :D

Andrew- I purchased the plane with the LoPresti cowl already installed, so I can't give a before and after on speeds.  It is nice to have the 2 large access doors to take a good look at the engine compartment and allow the engine to cool faster on the ground on a hot day.  Looks good too!  If you're looking to add to your plane though, I'm not certain it's worth the $$$.  But if you do add one, please find someone who is familiar with installing cowls.  Another thing I had to get fixed on EC....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is a tightly-cowled plane.  Yes, there are cowl flaps- the control really only has open and closed positions but you can crack them open if you want.  Using the ram air gives about another 1-1.5" MP.  On hot days in the summer you need to watch your airspeed in the climb to keep the CHTs down.  Other than that, I haven't had any issues (after correcting the original installation issues).  Thanks for asking