Acclaim vs ovation 3

20 minutes ago, keithmiller said:

For the of you like myself who may have owned a late model ovation 3 now a 09 acclaim I have a question . Why do the two seem different in ground effect ? Maybe the upturned wing tips ? The acclaim can seem at times to lose lift quicker? 

Does your Acclaim have the 310hp upgrade?

Just now, exM20K said:

my money's on idle speed, too.

-dan

Until about a month ago my planes idle was consistantly 900 to 1000rpm. I didnt know 650 was the recommended idle speed. It makes a difference for sure.

• Like 1

Two planes that are near identical in weight, power, and everything else...

You would have to describe what you mean by loses lift faster.... how do you measure that?

This is where you wish you recorded more of your flights using the cloudahoy app...

Procedure... do you dial out the last bit of MP prior to landing...?

what is your idle speed?

Lets ask @mike_elliott if he has seen a difference during landing of 03 vs. Acclaim...

Best regards,

-a-

32 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Two planes that are near identical in weight, power, and everything else...

You would have to describe what you mean by loses lift faster.... how do you measure that?

This is where you wish you recorded more of your flights using the cloudahoy app...

Procedure... do you dial out the last bit of MP prior to landing...?

what is your idle speed?

Lets ask @mike_elliott if he has seen a difference during landing of 03 vs. Acclaim...

Best regards,

-a-

No difference whatsoever, assuming proper approach speed and slope.

• Like 3

Just a thought on this...the cowl on the Acclaim has much wider openings, which MAY create more drag, which COULD make it seem like it glides less on landing.  All those are big IFs, as I don't know if having that drag right behind the propeller would have much effect, as it could be masked by the prop airflow itself.  But just thinking outside the box a bit...