Ricky_231

He does have a few flaws in his work.  He selected a C model while in the C brand he rated a 172, 177, and 182.  If he would have added the A B C D E F G J K M .......  and then various models within the model.  Could we have taken the entire top 5?  Just talking on the economic side  (so exclude most K's and above)?  Where would you rank them cost/benefit.  I could get a top five out of that list ranging from the C,E,F,J,K.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

Not to start a fight, but Bob Kromer at Mooney Summit said that he thought the F was the best bang for the buck and his personal favorite. :ph34r:

I could see Bob saying the f was the most bang for the buck. But his personal favorite?  The 252 is his child, how could he not put his own kid first?  :D

cheers,

Dan

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

whats interesting for me is the width piece.  Everyone always says Mooneys are small, but actually they are really wide, wider than a 172, Bonanza, same as a Comanche.  The only thing wider was the 177.   Nice to know there is a video i can drop into conversation when this is next mentioned.  

I buy and fly many planes , The Mooney is wide in the ass area , and Narrow , in the shoulders , although the widest , not the roomiest ,    But still a good aircraft , especially when you consider value , With the factory closed , the value will be decreasing , and they will be an even better buy so to speak...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

Not to start a fight, but Bob Kromer at Mooney Summit said that he thought the F was the best bang for the buck and his personal favorite. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, DanM20C said:

I could see Bob saying the f was the most bang for the buck. But his personal favorite?  The 252 is his child, how could he not put his own kid first?  :D

cheers,

Dan

My favorite would be the Encore ($200k+).  But,  I agree with Bob bang for the buck is my F with turbo normalization.  Even after the panel and avionics upgrades it is one of the best bangs for the buck around especially compared to anything in the video.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wishboneash said:

Without "payload" it skews the results a lot. I thought payload was among top consideration for most aircraft buyers! However, can't complain about the final result!

Just weighed our J again after swapping out the KFC200 for a GFC500 and removal of the vacuum pump.  Per the book, no oil, with unusable fuel of 5 quarts per side; empty weight was 1727 for a useful load of 1013 pounds.  With 6 quarts of oil that gives us just under 1002 pounds of payload.  That's pretty good compared to a lot of other 4 seat planes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bob - S50 said:

Just weighed our J again after swapping out the KFC200 for a GFC500 and removal of the vacuum pump.  Per the book, no oil, with unusable fuel of 5 quarts per side; empty weight was 1727 for a useful load of 1013 pounds.  With 6 quarts of oil that gives us just under 1002 pounds of payload.  That's pretty good compared to a lot of other 4 seat planes.

If or when I upgrade, I’d have similar numbers.  A newer J should be able to get to close to 1150 UL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DanM20C said:

cheers,

Dan

Perhaps the fact that I just told him I flew an F model and that it was late in the evening at the social after several drinks played an important role in his statement?  I don't care, I liked the answer so I'm going with it! :D

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DXB said:

Everyone else here is also shocked and outraged by glaring omission of the Comanche 400 from the list ;)

Clearly the producer of the video hadn’t heard of the 400.  Had he tuned in to MooneySpace he would have.

Clarence