1965 M20E Heater box on firewall

The 65C has the box with two slide gates... one for hot air, the other for cold air... lots of rust collects on the sliding parts...

If you go through enough effort... find a newer version with butterfly type valves and rubber seals...

The 65 version works well after annual each year... somewhere before the next annual it would bind up again...

Need a list of parts dealers?

PP thoughts and old memories, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

13 hours ago, Gary Bymers said:

Quite sure I have one. Do you have a picture of yours (damaged or missing?) I have some heater boxes but not exactly sure what was on a 65? Thanks Gary 608 334 0051

Attached is the photo of what I need. Mainly the silver part as I manufactured my own piece. This was the first attempt then my second one was better and mounted the correct way (as this is not). There is a box on the outside that comes with it, but I don't need that. 

Thank you!

D

IMG_6859.thumb.JPG.bc0392e08fda4fed246837bd790507a7.JPG

12 hours ago, carusoam said:

The 65C has the box with two slide gates... one for hot air, the other for cold air... lots of rust collects on the sliding parts...

If you go through enough effort... find a newer version with butterfly type valves and rubber seals...

The 65 version works well after annual each year... somewhere before the next annual it would bind up again...

Need a list of parts dealers?

PP thoughts and old memories, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Mine just has one one one butterfly flap to the heater, then a separate control for outside air. 

• Like 1