Fixed Gear Mooney for sale

That is 1 of 3 left in the original fixed gear configuration...

It has been resident at 39N for years.  (Princeton, NJ)

Let me know if you come to kick the tires... there may be one or two other Mooneys fo sale there as well...

https://princetonairport.com/category/aircraft-for-sale/

A stock M20D may still have the fixed pitch prop... and performance will be affected by it... 

Somebody did a really stylish photo shoot with the other MS M20D... including a beautiful model. :)

Best regards,

-a-

7 minutes ago, PilotCoyote said:

It’s only a couple of serial numbers from mine.... and he doesn’t have the vertical stab fairing, but I do- was the fairing part of the retract conversion?

That’s a very tidy looking D !

My D [C converted] does not have the fairing.  Maybe it was part of the conversion, but N6626U didn't get it !

[Oh, man..........that photos just give me a thrill.............LOL ! :lol:]

Tail_crop.jpg

• Like 1

Appears to be a decent, well cared for, well updated plane.  It seems a little pricey.  Maybe they consider it a collectors item due to the LACK of C mods.

it will be interesting what the prop and gear cost in terms of performance.  I expect it won’t be much better than Cherokee 180.

6 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

Appears to be a decent, well cared for, well updated plane.  It seems a little pricey.  Maybe they consider it a collectors item due to the LACK of C mods.

it will be interesting what the prop and gear cost in terms of performance.  I expect it won’t be much better than Cherokee 180.

There are exactly three (3) unmodified M20-D aircraft remaining. It is certainly rare! And yes, it's slower than a C.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PilotCoyote said:

My god, is that a 201 window mod on a fixed gear D? Incredible. 

I don't believe it is the 201 windscreen................I believe it's the angle from which the photo was taken [I could be wrong]

Hmmmm.............I like the second photo too................another hmmmmmmmmmmm...............I like the looks of the one piece windscreen too........gives me an idea !! :)

Sven.jpg

M20D.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

It would be great if it got a huge reduction in insurance cost....   :)

-a-

Based on my insurance quotes when I was purchasing my, new to me little adorable mini-Mooney, I mistakenly identified it as a D model.  The quotes were substantially much less than when I correctly identified it as a C model. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Based on my insurance quotes when I was purchasing my, new to me little adorable mini-Mooney, I mistakenly identified it as a D model.  The quotes were substantially much less than when I correctly identified it as a C model. 

But the data plate still says "M20-D," despite the retractable gear and variable pitch propellor. Those would be listed under "Major Modifications" on the insurance application.

58 minutes ago, Hank said:

But the data plate still says "M20-D," despite the retractable gear and variable pitch propellor. Those would be listed under "Major Modifications" on the insurance application.

Hmmmmm....... are you suggesting that “Major Modification” listing would have a different premium affect?

Interesting!