New Garmin Options! com, audio panel

MIm20c

Looks like the remote com unit that @Niko182 was wanting for the certified market just became a reality. Also brought over the experimental com and audio panel. The g3x can now display copilot instruments and have three screens installed in the panel. Lastly the g3x as a mfd display with EIS is officially available which I always thought would make a perfect pair to the G5’s and Aspens. 

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Are they saying dual G5s can be primary for entire six pack if backed up by 7” G3X?

No they answered that question on beechtalk- the G5 STC is the same so required instruments are still required. 

@amillet No upgrade program currently.  I would expect that they would announce that after initial sales drop off.  Im not sure they are going to have many takers in upgrading from the basic GTN navigators unless they announce a really good deal.  Its just not that much improvement.   Now they are offering a $500 upgrade for people who have recently bought the GTN within the last 45 days to upgrade for $500. 

Its a $500 price. Not exactly what id call a major uprise in price. Especially considering that the increased siplay resolution. Also add the fact that most garmin shops take around 15% off the full retail price makes that difference 425 bucks.

10 hours ago, MIm20c said:

Did Garmin release a new GTN without built in wireless??? For almost 18k???

It's kind of bizarre. They could have just stuck a Flightstream 510 in there, put some electrical tape over it, and said "now with wifi included."

But seriously, what does "optimal wireless connectivity" mean if it doesn't include anything wireless?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlyingAg14 said:

@amillet No upgrade program currently.  I would expect that they would announce that after initial sales drop off.  Im not sure they are going to have many takers in upgrading from the basic GTN navigators unless they announce a really good deal.  Its just not that much improvement.   Now they are offering a $500 upgrade for people who have recently bought the GTN within the last 45 days to upgrade for $500. 

I'm super curious about upgrade pricing for existing installs. If anyone hears a price from a shop, I'd love to know what it is. 

3 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

It's the wholesale value of yours vs. the retail price of the new one.

Well, you know what I mean. If the delta with install is ten grand, then a faster processor and higher resolution isn't all that interesting. If it's two grand, then sign me up. 

1 hour ago, toto said:

Well, you know what I mean. If the delta with install is ten grand, then a faster processor and higher resolution isn't all that interesting. If it's two grand, then sign me up. 

theres no install required.

8 hours ago, toto said:

I'm guessing a used 750 would fetch around $12000 if you sold it outright and Garmin wants $17995 for a new one. If the dealer sold you one for $16000 it might make sense to get a brand new one with a warranty and the updated hardware.

7 hours ago, Niko182 said:

theres no install required.

It's a slide-in replacement, but that still means that an avionics shop removes the old radio, puts the new one in, and fills out paperwork. In the simplest case, there will be a nonzero install cost.

It's kind of bizarre. They could have just stuck a Flightstream 510 in there, put some electrical tape over it, and said "now with wifi included."

But seriously, what does "optimal wireless connectivity" mean if it doesn't include anything wireless?

It does look like the FS510 is included in it. The video you provided didn’t show much new on the xi over the original GTN. From what I could see, a new higher resolution screen and a faster processor. Everything else is already in the current version.

Time for Peter Garmin to show his allegiance and buy a replacement 750xi for his ancient 750. You know, the one with the ancient technology in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1