Your Favorite Ride with your Favorite Plane

Stephen

10 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

:o Uh, miles..... I’m not that daring and I adore keeping my auto intact! :)  Super fun it ‘twas! 

Crooked roads are lots of fun! Faster = more fun!! Just stay in your lane and life is good. :P

But I have to say, I now satisfy much of my Need for Speed in my Mooney, which even with less hp is much faster than any car I've ever owned. My fastest level cruise so far is 186 knots GS = 214 mph. Can't do that on the highway . . . .  

27 minutes ago, Hank said:

Crooked roads are lots of fun! Faster = more fun!! Just stay in your lane and life is good. :P

But I have to say, I now satisfy much of my Need for Speed in my Mooney, which even with less hp is much faster than any car I've ever owned. My fastest level cruise so far is 186 knots GS = 214 mph. Can't do that on the highway . . . .  

Yep, in the air and on the ground...... fun is to be had indeed!!! Most fortunate to have the means to do both we are!  :D

As Jay Leno says "it's not important where you're going............what's important is what you drive to get there"............. I believe that!

And, driving a fun sports car and/or flying a Mooney....................those are very important ways to get anywhere!! :)

17 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

Back in March with the 0% financing it was time to get the truck I've been wanting. I know it isn't keeping with CB tradition of buying an old used car, but...

20200415_192012.thumb.jpg.6305c7b9fb905af4ddeff41fd75aa1a0.jpg

Wow!  That’s a super cool truck to go along with your hotrod Mooney!!

1 hour ago, Skates97 said:

Back in March with the 0% financing it was time to get the truck I've been wanting. I know it isn't keeping with CB tradition of buying an old used car, but...

20200415_192012.thumb.jpg.6305c7b9fb905af4ddeff41fd75aa1a0.jpg

Me too - I bought a new car in April.  With rates and also the ability to really negotiate a good price in a slow sellers market, was a good time to buy a new car.  My first new car in 17 years as I traded in my car for a new car.  I got something simple but highly functional - a subaru crosstrek.  So 17 years in a rusting ol' car. How's that for CB?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Me too - I bought a new car in April.  With rates and also the ability to really negotiate a good price in a slow sellers market, was a good time to buy a new car.  My first new car in 17 years as I traded in my car for a new car.  I got something simple but highly functional - a subaru crosstrek.  So 17 years in a rusting ol' car. How's that for CB?

I have rarely bought new vehicles, and usually keep whatever I have a long time. My 2002 BMW 330 that I bought used back around 2005 or so my oldest son is driving. I put 230k miles on it before putting a used engine in it.

Working for the dealerships has it's advantages. Once I look at the employee price, they take in the incentives and any back-end money they would have coming from the manufacturer it brings the price down to the level of a used one that is 1-2 years old. The 0% financing was just a bonus. My wife calls the truck the down payment on the cabin. In another 15+ years when I am getting ready to retire it will be the truck that lives at the cabin/airport and be transportation between the two. Now we just have to figure out where the cabin is going to be located...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skates97 said:

I have rarely bought new vehicles, and usually keep whatever I have a long time. My 2002 BMW 330 that I bought used back around 2005 or so my oldest son is driving. I put 230k miles on it before putting a used engine in it.

Working for the dealerships has it's advantages. Once I look at the employee price, they take in the incentives and any back-end money they would have coming from the manufacturer it brings the price down to the level of a used one that is 1-2 years old. The 0% financing was just a bonus. My wife calls the truck the down payment on the cabin. In another 15+ years when I am getting ready to retire it will be the truck that lives at the cabin/airport and be transportation between the two. Now we just have to figure out where the cabin is going to be located...

My "old" subaru wrx sti was super nice and I was perfectly happy to keep on rolling with it - but we have salt up in these roads and in the last two years it started to break into the car....it was still not embarrassing but its days were numbered.  Not to mention then there were starting to be several big ticket items to cost to fix, brakes, transmission, likely exhaust, that I figured it was time.

Actually usually we buy lightly used cars but this time the pandemic steered me to new.