Garmin 430w to 530w

I have a 430w installed and working. Autopilot works great with 430w. My question:

Can the 530w “plug & play”. I know we will have to cut the dash a little bit more. I know we will have to swap out the trays.

Is the wiring compatible?

Is the install easy?

(New 530w was given to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe they are the same the only difference is pins 52 & 53 in Plug 5001 (530W) are use for TWAS Audio. In 430W those pins are reserved.. You might want to get a pin function page from both manuals (530W & 430W) to compare the two and make sure they are the same pin for pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a interface / wiring / pinout diagrams for your current installation.  Almost all the pins should be identical. This needs to be verified for your installation. 

Installing the tray would be the biggest pain, especially if it’s riveted. The radio rack needs to come forward for access.    The backshell connectors would be transplanted to the new tray.  The config setting would need to be transposed.  Software versions the same for firmware and GPS? 

Unfortunately not as straightforward as pop new tray in and swap boxes. Plan on 5-8 hrs of labor.