LED Replacement for Whelen Model #70303 Light

Whelen 70303 Halogen Wingtip Forward Recognition Lights - LED replacement  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing an LED replacement set (qty. 2) for your existing 70303 forward wingtip recognition lights?

• Yes - 14 volt
    • Yes - 28 volt
    • No, not interested
    • Undecided right now

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I talked to the folks at the Sun n Fun Whelen booth. It sounds like they're pretty far along in developing it and had hoped to have it ready in time for this show, but got delayed. It should be ready "soon". The impression I got was "months, not years". So hopefully that's good news.

And they confirmed that there's no better way to find out about it than to be on James's list!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, mhrivnak said:

I talked to the folks at the Sun n Fun Whelen booth. It sounds like they're pretty far along in developing it and had hoped to have it ready in time for this show, but got delayed. It should be ready "soon". The impression I got was "months, not years". So hopefully that's good news.

And they confirmed that there's no better way to find out about it than to be on James's list!

Excellent work, sir!  @mooniac58 please give this man a badge!

Pete, Meet James!

James is our connection to all things Whelen…

Cell switches for that winter heating challenge…

and a few blue colored orings…..

We are getting closer to seeing the LED solution for recog lights….

:)

Best regards,

-a-

5 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Note for James… @OSUAV8TER

put your name in the signature line area… when able…

:D

-a-

James Gallagher of Gallagher Aviation. Party of 1 although I need to hire Katy, JP (James the III), and William “Liam” Gallagher as W2 employees. Is 3 weeks old too young for little Liam?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

WAT is making some REAL and good progress on the development of this light. If you want to be informed of future information, please PM or email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com

Just post it on MS when they are available and you’ll get a lot of orders!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Airways said:

OSH 2022 still achievable for this project ?

I think we will introduce this at Oshkosh but it won't be ready to walk away with. I've seen the prototype and worked with a Mooney owner to fit check it. They had to make some adjustments with the design but are moving out with it. So soon thereafter Oshkosh.

Email me at gallagheraviationllc@gmail.com to express your interest in this and if you want to get on my list for future notifications.

4 hours ago, OSUAV8TER said:

I think we will introduce this at Oshkosh

Great news on the Recognition lights! 

Now here's another one for you (and anyone else going to OSH) to hit them up on....  (Unless you have some options!) 

I'm not aware of any "legal" <cough> LED Panel hose lights.  The ones you see in a lot of panel pics. :D   Can you bring this up to them and see if they'd come up with a solution.  (Would love to say "inexpensive" solution, but don't want to put people into convulsions....) 

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Fly Boomer said:

Not seeing info on what Mooney models/years/serial numbers?

It covers all of them if you have a recognition light in the wing tip. It will not be STC or TSO certified so installation basis will be a minor alteration. They will be manufactured under WAT’s PMA.

4 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

Not seeing info on what Mooney models/years/serial numbers?

It will be all of the M20M’s, all Ovations (M20R) with the exception of the Ovation Ultras (M20U), all J & K models that had forward facing projector-type recognition lights in the wingtips. Each owner could easily look at their airplanes and see if it applies.