Dynon Skyview Additions Mods

Yetti

Still have to finish hooking up all the items for the engine Monitor System of the Sky View but here are some things I am going to discuss with my IA.

1.  Trim and Flap position.    Since the indicators are mechanical would require the installation of 2 slide resistors.   This is a preconfigured item in the Dynon screens and software.    A quick logic loop with gear indicator to make sure trim is set properly before takeoff roll.

2.  CO sensor.   Apparently they are $8.00   https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9403

3. put a thermocouple in the cabin to get inside air temp.   Have one why not.

4. Lidar sensor in the front wheel well.   Should be able to measure landings.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Still have to finish hooking up all the items for the engine Monitor System of the Sky View but here are some things I am going to discuss with my IA.

1.  Trim and Flap position.    Since the indicators are mechanical would require the installation of 2 slide resistors.   This is a preconfigured item in the Dynon screens and software.    A quick logic loop with gear indicator to make sure trim is set properly before takeoff roll.

2.  CO sensor.   Apparently they are $8.00   https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9403

3. put a thermocouple in the cabin to get inside air temp.   Have one why not.

4. Lidar sensor in the front wheel well.   Should be able to measure landings.

I'm curious - what is the Lidar sensing apropos the landings?

Many mooney’s got the ground altitude sensors with a yellow light to display on the BK HSI(?)

It gave a bit of a hint about how high you are on an approach in IMC... 200’ agl(?)

Now GPS seems to do this more...

A lidar sensor and its cadence can make interesting soft landing opportunities...

Some people just take a look out the side window for this... :)

Some people may benefit by having the 50ft reminder to look out the side window... :)

Hopefully many of these small sensors can get fitted in a logical area in the belly for easy access and installation... 

if you go with the IAT, Rob has a method of motorizing the temp control... set the temp and forget it...

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, ploucandco said:

This LIDAR based solution for ground proximity call-outs already exists for experimentals:

https://www.enginebridge.com/product/landing-height-controller-copy/

Nothing to do with the skyview. Just install it, connect it to the power supply and the audio panel, configure it and you are done.

The Garmin Lidar sensor that unit uses is the same I am thinking of using.  and I have a Skyview with limited panel real estate so why not integrate it into a screen and have the skyview voice tell me about it?  

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14032

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

I thought that light was to announce arrival at the DH when used in conjunction with the BK radar altimeter.

I imagine that is what it did... calibrated for one distance, with an echo off a standard surface...

Seems to have fallen out of favor for some other technology... probably WAAS GPS.

My HSI has the light, just not connected to anything...

Best regards,

-a-