VFR Wall Sectional or Map??

DO any of you guys know where I can purchase a large VFR wall sectional or just a large U.S. wall map that shows most airports?

I found the VFR wall sectional on Amazon but it only shows large airports and very little air space? Just cant find much out there.

Thanks,

I have the same one, just not laminated, on the wall in our dining room at home. I marked off circles of 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours flight time from home. Gives an idea of how far across the country I can get in a day comfortably. Also have pins in it for every airport I've landed at. Fun to look at and guests coming over always ask questions.

Off Amazon it's $12.84 not laminated.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXRA5RW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A lot of local pins stretching up to northern California, Idaho, and off to the east coast.

20190923_212732.thumb.jpg.661c0fb1fe9c5ce71a1880a2cf38e0ec.jpg

East Coast Leg

970907558_EastCoastLeg.thumb.jpg.e48eb253762ee1270976f5ad76fc0ad6.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CMartin said:

Thanks guys, I think that is the one on Amazon? Does it show smaller airports?

Thanks,

The wall charts typically show all public use airports but not private fields. For example, my previous home field of 84R is on the wall chart. You can look that up and see if that qualifies as small for you.

3 hours ago, CMartin said:

Thanks guys, I think that is the one on Amazon? Does it show smaller airports?

Thanks,

It is only a planning map so does not show all the smaller (as Paul mentioned it depends on the definition of smaller) airports. In the one pic I posted you can see I wrote in KFFA (First Flight), KMQI just south of there is on the map but KFFA isn't. I also wrote in M01 (DeWitt Spain) in Memphis. A few of the other satellite airports in Memphis are on the map but that one wasn't. The other aspect is that if there are a larger number of airports in an area some are left off to reduce clutter on the map.

image.png.3e19d89b3b9af8485481109e52756d3b.png

image.png.0851dcc52a11ef159b27c322777d2e25.png

4 hours ago, Unit74 said:

Hang a string in the middle of your airport with ticks on it. No need to draw semicircles. 

or, just use you fingers on ForeFlight :ph34r:

The circles are cool to look at. They are easier for my wife to look for places to go based on how long she wants to sit in the plane or how much time/days we have available. Sitting at my desk across the room, I can just look and day dream of flights to take.

Definitely circles drawn on the map are better.

• Like 1

They have them there! They may be for specific areas like the Caribbean etc.

Also, if you are like me and want a VFR wall planning  chart, here is the link:

http://www.paracay.com/faa-chart-u.s.-vfr-wall-planning-chart-flat/

good from Dec-Dec (a year) and its ~ $10

-Don

In my old hangar I papered a wall in the office with WAC scale state aeronautical charts (free for the asking at the time). I pieced the charts together by trimming the overlap and wound up with a WAC scale chart of the United States. I filled in a few gaps with NOAA WAC charts.