Neat little Mooney at Spruce Creek

I saw this on the resident parking ramp at Spruce Creek this morning.   Thought holy crap that’s a short body Mooney ....... and that tail seems short.  Then noticed the trailing link “fixed” main gear and a Hershey Bar wing and was totally confused.   Walked up to it and checked the data plate and realized it’s the first M10 I’ve ever seen.  Pretty nice looking bird.  Almost titled this thread “Another Eye Candy for Clarence”.   I’m sure @M20Doc will enjoy this one too.  

Tom

B1804E14-1EAD-4148-A1C6-8660B9CBA640.jpeg

4E05CC7A-32BE-46E8-A8AA-7097DFE55FF3.jpeg

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Another unique Mooney, their attempt at entry level/trainer.

Clarence

So is that a two seater?  I guess if it was a trainer it would be.  

Looks like this one is based in Greeley CO. Must have been an interesting flight to Port Orange   

Is that what you have?

Tom

3 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

So is that a two seater?  I guess if it was a trainer it would be.  

Looks like this one is based in Greeley CO. Must have been an interesting flight to Port Orange   

Is that what you have?

Tom

No, that’s an Ercoupe with a Mooney designed tail.  I’m restoring an M-18 Mite, a totally different airplane.

Clarence

23 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Mooney would have to buy the type certificate from Univair in Colorado.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/10c96a9e594f363e8625706d006ff764/$FILE/A-787.pdf

Clarence

When I used to live in Colorado, I would sometimes buy parts from them. Especially sheet metal, they would cut you off a piece and sell it fo practically nothing. They were good people.

I bet if Mooney wanted to build M10s, they would make a deal. They just want to make spare parts. They might make production parts too.

They could call it the Mooney Classic Trainer!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 7:35 PM, M20Doc said:

Mooney would have to buy the type certificate from Univair in Colorado.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/10c96a9e594f363e8625706d006ff764/$FILE/A-787.pdf

Clarence

I bet it would have been cheaper than the thing they built.

• Like 1

Speaking of Spruce Creek. One of my non aviation friends lives there and she sent me their annual calendar. I was a little disappointed not a Mooney to be seen:( Tom maybe you can get a formation group together down there and get a picture with you leading:)
e89de0674b7ec867ecb3f887ead4e55d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1