OSUAV8TER

New Whelen Aviation Lighting Dealer!

Email sent

I have a 1997 M20J with the “melts the wingtip cover lens recognition lights”.

I would be a customer for LED replacement bulbs

Alan Millet
Sequim, WA
  • Haha 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

@OSUAV8TER James, I’ve helped the Socata population with previous group buys, so would you be interested in polling the Beech folks?  I’m happy to set up something here to determine how much interest we can garner between the two manufacturers.  The combined numbers would go to Jeff for presentation to leadership for consideration.

Steve

• Like 1

Just now, StevenL757 said:

@OSUAV8TER James, I’ve helped the Socata population with previous group buys, so would you be interested in polling the Beech folks?  I’m happy to set up something here to determine how much interest we can present to Whelen.  The combined numbers would go to Jeff for presentation to leadership for consideration.

Steve

@StevenL757 I don't know of any Beech aircraft that use this little recognition light.

Gotcha.  Wasn’t sure, as I’m not as familiar with the specifics of Beech lighting as I am with Mooneys.  :-)

Gotcha.  Wasn’t sure, as I’m not as familiar with the specifics of Beech lighting as I am with Mooneys.  :-)

I have later year wingtips in my Bonanza so I have lots of space to mount all sorts of stuff in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, StevenL757 said:

My rear wingtip lights are the following...

https://www.aero-lites.com/product-page/led-rear-position-light-wedge-base

Speak with Jeremy Rabuck at 800-638-7914, Opt. 1.  If he isn't there, anyone in Sales should be able to help.  This is a fairly-new bulb for them.  I had the earlier model; and although I thought that one was bright at the time, they came out with this one.  Very impressive.  Order the A508-14 or A508-28, based on your voltage.

I have them in my Ovation, and they work incredibly well.  They complement the Whelen/WAT OR500 tail Nav/ACL nicely.

Steve

Is this stuff legal replacements?  Dont see any PMA info on their site.

11 hours ago, gacoon said:

Is this stuff legal replacements?  Dont see any PMA info on their site.

They are not part of an approved anti-collision system, hence, are not required to be PMA’d.