Starting 2020 off right

McMooney

According to Bob Kromer they did testing with a “bug” leading edge and an smooth/waxed leading edge at the factory.  From a really dirty leading edge to smooth from the top of the wing spar in front and to the bottom side of the wing spar the difference was indeed a difference.  I forget it it was up to 2 knots or up to 4 knots.  But it was consistent every time.  

So keep that leading edge clean all the way back to the wing spar on the top and bottom and your bird gets an almost free speed mod.

-Seth 

• Like 1

Don't laugh - but its literally too cold to wax an airplane this far north this time of year.  I don't mean just because I am not tough - but the wax substances freeze and just don't work in my unheated hangar.  So I have an October ritual of waxing my airplane in the lovely autumn temperate weather to last me the duration until April.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, McMooney said:

Think next year i'm going to use one of the new hi tech liquid waxes/sealants. 

put on muscle mass waxing birdy yesterday

Collinite 845 is what you want.  Wax works best made from wax, assure that you will not be disappointed. 

• Like 1