New pilot looking at a '75 M20F

6 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

California CPA is just the beginning of a wave of data privacy legislation that will return control of personal data back to the consumer. Because whatever data a company holds, it's sure to lose.

5 hours ago, Skates97 said:

Ah, the CCPA. I have a 190 page compliance manual that is just the tip of the iceberg to try and begin to be compliant. Even the lawyers don't quite know everything that needs to be done and the implications of it. 

Actually, I'd venture a guess that the CCPA is inspired by the EU GDPR, which created the precedent.  I'd further guess that our German friends had much influence over the GDPR, being a very privacy conscious bunch.

And yes, we're still trying to figure it out over here as well.  Lots of abuse, too, with public information withheld from watchdog organizations being one form of it.

• Like 2

Actually, I'd venture a guess that the CCPA is inspired by the EU GDPR, which created the precedent.  I'd further guess that our German friends had much influence over the GDPR, being a very privacy conscious bunch.
And yes, we're still trying to figure it out over here as well.  Lots of abuse, too, with public information withheld from watchdog organizations being one form of it.

Brazil just enacted their own version of GDPR. If you do business in Europe, Brazil and California, it will become a way of life. And I expect it will spread as countries can see it is another revenue stream. The main requirement of these GDPR laws is to define: 1) do you have a legitimate reason to have PII?(personally identifiable information) 2) are you protecting that information if you have it? and 3) do you have a record retention policy to ensure that PII is disposed of after you use it. And of course you have records proving you are doing all of this.

There have already been fines issued. The Marriott Group was fined 99M Euros and British Airways is subject to a $230M fine.

I think in part the law was introduced to make companies accountable for data breeches as Paul mentioned and to put some controls in place over all the data mining that goes on with companies like FaceBook and Google.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Ok people of money space. I own N6854V and I did all the work to it. Before I bought it I did all of my research on here so I thank you. I’m not flying a plane that has any issues and I made sure to get everything fixed. When I purchased the plane it was already due for OH. I did this after I got done with my insurance required hours. In hind sight I should have used an engine shop because trust me it was not cheaper then sending it to them. All parts were sent out, inspected, and brought back to factory specs. The prop was also rebuilt. I did use Bruce for the interior and he did remove and replace all of the old insulation. The reason for only 22 hours is because while doing the engine I found out I was having a boy. Let’s just say getting her into that plane after he came was not happening. I spent the money on the 650 and the transponder because I knew I had to do ADSB and I wanted to do my IFR ticket in this plane so I figured let’s just spend the money now and get what I can. I’m selling the plane because I am not allowed to take my son in it and I spend all of my free time with him when I’m not working 75hrs a week. I just replaced the landing disks a month ago and the tires at annual. It’s a great plane I love it but if I can’t use it I want someone who can to enjoy to own it so it doesn’t just sit. Sorry for the long post I never post on these things I just like to read what more knowledgeable people then me have to say on airplanes. I think it is priced where it should be all things considered. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CWW said:

Ok people of money space. I own N6854V and I did all the work to it. Before I bought it I did all of my research on here so I thank you. I’m not flying a plane that has any issues and I made sure to get everything fixed. When I purchased the plane it was already due for OH. I did this after I got done with my insurance required hours. In hind sight I should have used an engine shop because trust me it was not cheaper then sending it to them. All parts were sent out, inspected, and brought back to factory specs. The prop was also rebuilt. I did use Bruce for the interior and he did remove and replace all of the old insulation. The reason for only 22 hours is because while doing the engine I found out I was having a boy. Let’s just say getting her into that plane after he came was not happening. I spent the money on the 650 and the transponder because I knew I had to do ADSB and I wanted to do my IFR ticket in this plane so I figured let’s just spend the money now and get what I can. I’m selling the plane because I am not allowed to take my son in it and I spend all of my free time with him when I’m not working 75hrs a week. I just replaced the landing disks a month ago and the tires at annual. It’s a great plane I love it but if I can’t use it I want someone who can to enjoy to own it so it doesn’t just sit. Sorry for the long post I never post on these things I just like to read what more knowledgeable people then me have to say on airplanes. I think it is priced where it should be all things considered. 

Dang, I really wish you could take your wife/son in the airplane!  We need more kids in aviation, not less! The M20F is a terrific traveling airplane for a small family!  Are you sure she won’t reconsider?

I hope you get paid for the extra hours... 75 is quite a bunch.

If the extra hours are covered at time and a half.... it Helps to pay tuition that way...

Good luck with the sale...

Did you tell here that the airbag seatbelts are better than a parachute..?

I’m thinking I may need to try that one...   :)

Best regards,

-a-