bd95r

New Aspen E5 - In-Flight Crash and Reset

Just got an email from the dealer with this attachment, Aspen Avionics Operator Advisory OA2020-01  I did screenshots since attaching jpg is easier than pdfs.  

They're admitting to issues with the E5s and ProMaxs too in this.  

Resolution:  dont fly IMC or get good at partial panel.  Thats straight up BS.  

P3.JPG

P2.JPG

P1.JPG

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Good Morning, 

The document link below contains an urgent request to inform our customers of a potential for a reset event with the MAX EFD1000 and E5 systems.  The documents describe the extent of the issue, recommended action for operators, and Aspen's steps to correct the issue.

Please know that our ONLY priority is the safety of our customers. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and for further updates.

• Like 1

I bought the Aspen E5 last month. I am trying to find panel space to put it into my MSE.  It won't fit with the present Bendix AI (with my KAP 150).  So to replace the AI, I was looking at a Sandia 340 Quattro.  It is smaller and I saw a Mooney owner with that setup.  Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Kness2 said:

I bought the Aspen E5 last month. I am trying to find panel space to put it into my MSE.  It won't fit with the present Bendix AI (with my KAP 150).  So to replace the AI, I was looking at a Sandia 340 Quattro.  It is smaller and I saw a Mooney owner with that setup.  Thoughts?

Pricey , have you seen this one RC Allen 2610 

16 hours ago, Kness2 said:

With an E5 a back up attitude Gyro is not required to stay in the panel. The requirements are T/C, Airspeed and Altimeter. However if you desire to have an attitude in the panel it can be placed in the location of the T/C. Limitations are outlined in Section 4.4 of the installation manual. The Quattro would qualify along with many other electric solutions. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, Kness2 said:

The Sandia Quattro is notoriously unreliable. Do a search on here and Beechtalk and see what problems people have had, even with the latest software.

• Like 1