ADSB Poll

Seth

ADSB Compliant and Gameplan  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Is your aircraft ADSB Compliant?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If not compliant, what is your plan?

• Base and fly outside ADSB Airspace
    • Use Waiver until I install ADSB Compliant Equipment
    • Move aircraft out of ADSB Airspace until I install ADSB Compliant Equipment
    • My aircraft is ADSB Compliant

I traded in my 530W on an IFD540... got BlackFriday sale pricing on the IFD, and Avidyne threw in the AXP322 transponder (ADSB out) and the SkyTrax100 (ADSB in), for free.

I watched and waited for the right deal, then jumped on it. Never pay retail :D

• Like 3

On 12/27/2019 at 8:16 AM, Ricky_231 said:

+ FS210 and you can transfer flight plans between the ipad and the 430W. It'll automatically decode victor airways, saving you SO MUCH knob turning, and it'll automatically create user waypoints if you add a random spot (lat/lon) to your route on the ipad. Best $1000 I spent on the plane.

What is an FS210?

2 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:What is an FS210?

Flight Stream 210 - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/153681

It enables your GNS430/530 to connect to a ForeFlight/Garmin Pilot equipped ipad via Bluetooth and transfer flight plans between the two. It also has a backup AHRS and broadcasts GPS position to the iPad. When you couple that with a GTX345 you get traffic, fis-b wx, gps position and synthetic vision (AHRS) on your iPad, in addition to being able to simply send your route from ForeFlight to the 430 with the touch of a button. 

it’s pretty nifty. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky_231 said:

Flight Stream 210 - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/153681

it’s pretty nifty. 

I agree.  Unsure that it is 1 amu nifty since I already have a Stratus 2.   The uploading flight plans from iPad to 430W I envy.  Guess I'll turn knobs for a while.

4 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

I agree.  Unsure that it is 1 amu nifty since I already have a Stratus 2.   The uploading flight plans from iPad to 430W I envy.  Guess I'll turn knobs for a while.

Instead of buying a FS210, swap out your 430 for an IFD440. You can do the swap yourself, $0 install cost, and the IFD440 includes all the functionality of the FS210 built in for free.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 0TreeLemur said:

I frequently get amended routes from ATC that include victor airways - that was the main motivation for me. I guess if I lived anywhere else with less complex airspace the benefit wouldn’t have been so obvious. 

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Instead of buying a FS210, swap out your 430 for an IFD440. You can do the swap yourself, $0 install cost, and the IFD440 includes all the functionality of the FS210 built in for free.

Really? Maybe too late for me but interesting nonetheless 

• Like 1