I flew on Christmas!

steingar

A bit of backstory here.  Christmastime is a real drag for us heathens.  Nothing open, nothing but Christmas stuff on TV.  Nothing but Christmas music on the radio.  Gets really boring.

When I lived in Southern California it was fun.  I'd ride my bicycle on the busiest streets and go places I wouldn't dream of on a normal work day.  When we lived in DC we went downtown.  The museums were all closed, but they didn't close the monuments and no one was there.  It was cool.  

Where I am now there's nothing cool to do on Christmas.

Every since I leaned to fly I wanted to take a flight on Christmas.  Something cool to do. Nothing has to be open, I can just fly my little airplane and land uncontrolled airstrips.  And I never got tot do it.  Usually the weather was snot (I'm still VFR), the one year it wasn't there was so much snow and ice chocking the hangar door I couldn't get it open.

This year everything lined up.  I got great weather, the airplane is working (except of the step, it's DOA but I don't care).  So off I went.  A few landings, about an hour's worth of flight.  After 20 years I flew on Christmas, and it was great.

• Like 12

Congratulations!

That's what I've been doing for years! It's the best day to fly. Nobody around, you get the plane and the sky all to your self!  Not the best day to fly somewhere though cause usually everything is closed. But grab some take out and fly around the area and it's awesome.

Surprised you didn't try it any sooner. But let's not go telling everyone about it so they'd spoil the fun! :lol:

Edited by 201er
  • Like 1

I  would have been doing it for years, but like I said, the wx here is usually crap (often crap filled with ice).  Funny thing is I bet there's plenty of stuff open for business in NY.  We usual do go out for Chinese on Christmas, and the restaurants are busy as all get out.

Come on out to the East coast where we have a variety of people that take different holidays off...

This way while there is a lull... there is always somebody willing enough to be working... :)

Merry Christmas

Happy Hanukkah 

Happy Kwanzaa

Merry Festivas (special for Steingar) :)

Reasons to celebrate diversity...

Best regards,

-a-