Defrost blower switch

Joris

Hi all,

The defrost blower in my Mooney 205 SE is activated by a switch, connected to a control rod. The link between the rod and the switch is broken. Can anyone tell me how the link between the rod and the switch looks like, mine is missing (see pic). I will probably have to order a complete new switch?

IMG_20191225_104242.jpg

3 hours ago, Joris said:

Hi all,

The defrost blower in my Mooney 205 SE is activated by a switch, connected to a control rod. The link between the rod and the switch is broken. Can anyone tell me how the link between the rod and the switch looks like, mine is missing (see pic). I will probably have to order a complete new switch?

IMG_20191225_104242.jpg

From the part catalog, here is a picture.  I believe that it is a stiff wire which fits in the slot in the brass portion on the side of the switch.

The switch is part number E51-50B made by Cherry Electrical Products.

Clarence

1A9F3EEE-2C47-4C29-96D4-BF882E97D31B.jpeg

On mine, the hole in the vertical pin in the actuator didn’t align well with the little wire causing the wire to slip out. I put a small cotter pin through the hole and put the wire through the eye of the cotter pin which effectively rotates the hole 90 degrees and this solved the problem.

Skip