The Old girl gets a new dress

MooneyTunes

36 minutes ago, MooneyTunes said:

Thank you Mitch. I'm hoping that in the end the final product will be worth the wait.

Based on my experience, it isn’t that the process of producing a great paint job is lengthy, taking 2 - 4 months or so.....it’s the fact that other projects, for whatever reason(s) become more important and an aircraft can be left untouched for days, weeks and/or months.  And it can also be a juggling game from the shop, by bringing in additional aircraft and beginning the prep. and stripping, in order to produce immediate revenue in the form of a deposit.  While it can be quite frustrating, this may simply be the reality of the aircraft paint business.

Again from experience, I know a quality paint process can be completed in one week. 

With all that said, the paint jobs by Artcraft were, and are outstanding!

It sounds as though your experience is similar to what I’ve described above.

As you hope, your Mooney will look terrific! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MooneyTunes said:

Well after 4 months of nail biting anticipation, I finally received notice from Hawk that my J was ready to be picked up. And I must say, it was well worth the wait. Joe Dinolfo at Hawk delivered a beautiful paint job. 

371877D3-9427-4310-B1DB-5851B6EF8FD1.jpeg

BED8739F-33DD-4080-B71B-427E470FE4CA.jpeg

Love it - has kind of a sharks open mouth look to it - hunting clouds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

Here I had to double take.  I thought you just picked up a new Acclaim Ultra!  She is a good looking plane!  I’d say that it was worth the wait.  You will get a lot of looks on the ramp.  

Yeah Hawk had to scale the scheme to fit the shorter body J, but in the end it all turned out gorgeous. I’m pretty happy with the end result. 

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Love it - has kind of a sharks open mouth look to it - hunting clouds.

I plan on adding sharks teeth and eyes. Just the stick on/removable type. For special events like Sun and Fun.

Edited by MooneyTunes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1