Mooney parts after bankruptcy

manu damaschin

Hey Emanuel,

Factory is back open...

Financing some how got worked out.

Is there any specific parts you need?

Most wear parts are often found in other locations...

A message sent to Lasar (an MSC that deals in many foreign transactions) can give you a better feeling of parts availability...

Best regards,

-a-

MD as you might have read n various threads the factors has been on/off multiple times many of us did not see a lapse in part availability due to there many closures. Hopefully they will get the necessary infusion of funds to meet the daily costs of operations. The ship has sailed thinking they will be able to make a product in order to be profitable, the goal should be operating as a part manufacturer and quality service center

• 1 month later...

Gerald,

what part of the world are you having your maintenance done in?

Bolts and rod ends are not Mooney specific... so finding them from aviation hardware shops has always been an acceptable idea...

Tube assemblies don’t typically get replaced...  20 years of Mooney flying... I had to change a couple for AD compliance back in y2k... aileron control tubes needed gussets added... 

The latest on the factory... some lights are on... and some people are there... 

I have not seen a public notice yet...

Best regards,

-a-

He said "CAMO" (Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Organization, if memory serves me right) so he is under one of the EASA regulators, and has a CAMO that is giving him a hard time.  He likely needs a new one, one that is willing to work with a private owner to solve a problem, not just to create one and gold plate everything, or go to an owner declared maintenance program and loose the CAMO.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2020 at 2:51 PM, skyandfly72 said:

It is right now a problem! My J has annual Inspection and we wait for more than two weeks now for spare parts offers.... Lasar "sold out" - and we need standard parts - nothing special.

If parts are unavailable, doesn't that permit OPP? Owner Produced Parts.  I would argue unequivocally yes.