Landing Light Switch

drstephensugiono

Ross has some impressive knowledge that comes out at interesting times... :)

Two part epoxy is often the glue that comes from the double plunger arrangement...

Most often when new, the mixture is very clear...

When aged, the wet glue gets yellowed.... over time with oxygen intrusion into the package...

The reactants get less effective with age this way...

Speed of reaction is also highly dependent ambient temperature...

Often, the instructions on the package will give some direct hints at what temp is best for the reaction to occur...

Appropriateness(?) of use... will it glue the specific plastic that needs to be fixed? Is sometimes listed on the package as well....

Expect that the switch parts are made of ABS... acrylonitrile (acrylic ?) butadiene (rubber ?) styrene... all chemically attached in the polymer chain...

So... Alexa says... epoxy and PE and PP are a NoGo... but epoxy and ABS seems to be acceptable...

Ross, great suggestions... the 3M glues come in a few varieties including one for PP and PE...

PP (private pilot, not polypropylene) thoughts only, not a glue expert... or chemist...

Best regards,

-a-

Ross,

impressive knowledge... all the deep, factual, tech details about aviation... combined with similar tech details with depth regarding areas outside of aviation....

Interesting times.... whenever the non-aviation knowledge applies directly to MS aviation topics...

It’s enjoyable to be part of this community... :)

I probably could have wrote my initial post a bit better... I struggled with a triple post at first... something locked up on my WiFi... Then I rushed to get the post pasted without its brothers....

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1