GFC 500 installation ?

ArtVandelay

I know the GFC servos requires it’s own custom designed brackets.

1. I assume they remove old (STEC) servos AND brackets? Which means they remove the rivets? Some of which are external.

2. They have to drill new holes for the new brackets, again some are external, including on the wing. I believe I have 3 for the roll servo.

3. Given my assumptions are true, did you bother touching up the paint? Would it make sense to wait to paint?

Tom

8 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

I know the GFC servos requires it’s own custom designed brackets.

1. I assume they remove old (STEC) servos AND brackets? Which means they remove the rivets? Some of which are external.

2. They have to drill new holes for the new brackets, again some are external, including on the wing. I believe I have 3 for the roll servo.

3. Given my assumptions are true, did you bother touching up the paint? Would it make sense to wait to paint?

Tom

The was no indication of any external changes made to my airplane.  All work appears internal to the plane--at least on my installation.

• Like 1

On the J model after serial number 24-1037, the only rivets touched that are external are rivets that are in a nutplate in the access panel ring for securing the access panel screws.  Those rivets are removed and the nutplate is relocated to the roll servo bracket that goes in that area.  On Js before that serial number no external rivets are touched.  Removing my S-Tec servo brackets did not touch any external rivets either.