Landing gear up light and low vac light come on at the same time.

N9405V

So, I’ve been trouble shooting this for a bit but it’s always seemed intermittent. This week I was finally able to recreate it on the ground. My question is where is the “control box” mounted on an M20E? I’m thinking something is loose there.

Both lights come on when the low vac light should and vice versa.

Any thoughts?

e2a75d1dc52fcaf86f30f18a9e844096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that the wires for both of those lights are in the same bundle, possibly chafed against each other? If both of those wires were bare then either one would power the other.

That’s what I thought or maybe a connector came loose and is touching both posts, but I’m not sure where to look for that.

8 hours ago, N9405V said:

That’s what I thought or maybe a connector came loose and is touching both posts, but I’m not sure where to look for that.

There are a fair amount of bare wires and resistors in a Mooney.  Start with the behind the panel at the gear switch.