update by ipad

Arthur

Does. Anyone Know  if there is an accessory for iPad mini to update the gnx375 by the sd card or must it be done on a computer with an sd card slot which my surface does not have.

According to the Garmin website, you can purchase the Flightstream 510 and do database updates that way. It is an expensive add-on since the other features are already built into the 375 (flight plan transfer, ADS-B, etc.). I have the 510 for my GTN and I really like it. Makes it seamless to update the database once it links up to my iPad or iPhone.

I bought the SD adapter for the iPad but could not get it to recognize the card for database transfers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The OP asked for something that would work with his Ipad Mini - which has no USB port.

The Wombat ELF was made for this: https://bad-elf.com/pages/wombat-piston

I haven't used it since I have a FS-510 but a client of mine just showed me his which allows him to update his data card his GNS530W  

But it appears it only works with Jepp data but for most every popular IFR GPS

• Like 1

I LOVE the wombat. The database update is nice but the real genius in the product is the USB reader that lets you send the engine monitor data to Savvy from the app.

One time when I had a rough running engine and had to make a precautionary landing I sent the data to Savvy and by the time I walked out of the plane I already suspected what was wrong (clogged injector). The A&P pulled the injector, cleaned it, gave me a logbook entry and I was on my way in an hour.

I’ve used this on other occasions as well.