New paint job... Before, during and after

Joe Larussa

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Nice, but where’s the before picture? First picture I see is during (strip). If you don’t mind me asking, where and how much?

Tom

Somehow it ended up the last pic but here it is again. I had it done at Corona Aircraft Painting. Cost was about 14,000.285D78D3-3483-4B3A-A0DC-CD2F8D7718FB.thumb.jpeg.be7979092f8acb5a8011e36fb1ef2ca8.jpeg

• Like 1

Somehow it ended up the last pic but here it is again. I had it done at Corona Aircraft Painting. Cost was about 14,000.

It was early this morning, I didn’t notice the last picture
Did you draw them a picture, show them a picture of a plane you liked, or use professional scheme designer? Did they paint the landing gear without disassembly? Is there a reason people use white on the gear, I would think a darker color would hide the dirt?

Tom

5 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

It was early this morning, I didn’t notice the last picture emoji11.png
Did you draw them a picture, show them a picture of a plane you liked, or use professional scheme designer? Did they paint the landing gear without disassembly? Is there a reason people use white on the gear, I would think a darker color would hide the dirt?

Tom

Honestly I was looking for ideas on Google and found a plane back east I loved. Also a pic from one of our Mooneyspace

guys. I combined both ideas and gave pics to the paint shop. He got it pretty darn close. I wanted the gear white because I thought it 

would be a good contrast with the red gear doors.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, Joe Larussa said:

Thanks! It took roughly 6 weeks.

On 12/22/2019 at 8:50 AM, carusoam said:

Proof... you can’t rush greatness...

Since mine has taken more than twice that time (so far) it should be absolutely amazing, right?   :unsure:

22 hours ago, Seymour said:

Since mine has taken more than twice that time (so far) it should be absolutely amazing, right?   :unsure:

Yikes! Are they sending you pics of its progress? I asked for pics at various stages so I could be sure we were on the same page. I was always surprised when I got them and was like “ Holy crap, it’s actually getting done!”