69 Panel upgrade

JimB

Well, the new panel is starting to take shape. Going from this: 

20190223_103533.thumb.jpg.bdddba56767b456a8e9adf01e6c37a77.jpg

To this:

793156439_20191010_173558(1).thumb.jpg.13732e7bc1cf20d1e7aa3f3a8b4161cf.jpg

To this

IPad mini will become my "MFD" mounted on the RAM mount. 

20191216_140401.thumb.jpg.95ab3f2e775336f3a38aa406b5efed20.jpg

In addition, I am installing Whelen Orion 650 strobes, a 406 ELT, wrapping the yokes with leather, replacing the carpet and touching up the interior panels (painting, fixing cracks etc.) 

Next up and prewired for it, is the Garmin GFC 500 (when Garmin gets it approved for the F) and a GNC 255 (will replace the GNC 300XL). 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, siu1526 said:

That looks really really good!

Do you by any chance have an autocad file for those panels? I would love to do something like that to my 1970..

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had an AutoCad file, I would be happy to share it. Mine was done old school. The old panel was removed and used as a template. Outline was traced on to the new sheet metal and cut out. Then I used some 3 1/8" circles cut from cardstock and rectangles (JPI/G5s) to lay everything out. Then it was just using regular sheetmetal tools (hole saw, files, saws, etc.) to cut all the holes for the instruments. 

• Like 2

If I had an AutoCad file, I would be happy to share it. Mine was done old school. The old panel was removed and used as a template. Outline was traced on to the new sheet metal and cut out. Then I used some 3 1/8" circles cut from cardstock and rectangles (JPI/G5s) to lay everything out. Then it was just using regular sheetmetal tools (hole saw, files, saws, etc.) to cut all the holes for the instruments. 

Good deal!! i have old panels leftover from different projects i might just use it a template, but if you find that file that would be great haha we have a panel pro at work that does great fast work.. It came out looking really good! Keep us posted.

1 minute ago, siu1526 said:

Good deal!! i have old panels leftover from different projects i might just use it a template, but if you find that file that would be great haha we have a panel pro at work that does great fast work.. It came out looking really good! Keep us posted.

I have an AutoCad file of the 69-70.  The problem is locating it.  I recently just ran across it recently but I don't remember where.  So I know I have it.  

I'll check my home computer tonight. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

I have an AutoCad file of the 69-70.  The problem is locating it.  I recently just ran across it recently but I don't remember where.  So I know I have it.  
I'll check my home computer tonight. 
Cheers,
Dan

No worries im not doing it anytime soon, but if you do find it i wouldn’t mind having it..

Thanks you in advance

@siu1526 @Baker Avionics

Here is the file I have.  Someone here from MS shared it with me years ago.  I never got around to using it for my C before it met it's demise.  So I can't vouch for the dimensions but it looks correct.

I would love one for a 79 K? 

Cheers,

Dan

1969-1970 M20 PANEL.dwg