Quick release tabs for Ski Tube

jrwilson

I have a ski tube in the baggage compartment.  The cover is attached by regular screws, but it would be much easier/convenient if it could be removed with just quarter turn fasteners or something similar.  What would I need to convert the screws to some other type of fastener? 

15 hours ago, jrwilson said:

I have a ski tube in the baggage compartment.  The cover is attached by regular screws, but it would be much easier/convenient if it could be removed with just quarter turn fasteners or something similar.  What would I need to convert the screws to some other type of fastener? 

Pictures would be helpful to get you a better answer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

Pictures would be helpful to get you a better answer.

I'll try to get some; not going to be great quality as it is black fabric in the baggage compartment.  Basically #10 screws into the fabric is what it will show.  I'll see what I can get though  

4 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

In one word, Skybolt.  Look at their website.

John Breda

Probably not Skybolt.net - That looks like a model management agency.

Probably not the Steen Skybolt - but they're cool.

Maybe Skybolt, manufacturers of camloc?  I'll take a look.  Any specific ideas?

Thumbscrews would be the quickest way at the expense of them sticking out.

Skybolt.com is the one you want for the camlocs, but you can get them at Spruce as well

I'm looking to build the Ski Tube for my K and if you'd be willing to take a few photos of all the parts and how it looks installed as well as baggage area, I'd be appreciative.

37 minutes ago, smwash02 said:

Thumbscrews would be the quickest way at the expense of them sticking out.

Skybolt.com is the one you want for the camlocs, but you can get them at Spruce as well

I'm looking to build the Ski Tube for my K and if you'd be willing to take a few photos of all the parts and how it looks installed as well as baggage area, I'd be appreciative.

At some point I uploaded the 337 into downloads, but next time I have the battery access open I'll take a picture.  

19 minutes ago, jrwilson said:

At some point I uploaded the 337 into downloads, but next time I have the battery access open I'll take a picture.  

Thanks, I've got the PDF of the 337, but seeing how they put it in the hat rack is of interest to me for ideas.

If you post a pic of the ski tube....

There will be dozens of sighs heard across the internet.

It’s one of those things that everyone can really want to have.

great for skis, fishing poles, or any long thing...

The Cg of the long item is pretty close to the baggage compartment... even though the long item sticks into the tail...

Best regards,

-a-