Oil Change

MisfitSELF

On 12/16/2019 at 4:12 PM, eman1200 said:

Yup.  If my question will be misunderstood it will be. For instance if I ask a similar question on the Facebook Mooney page, no doubt someone will accuse me of breaking an FAR.  At least on Mooneyspace people try to be helpful.

The internet/mooneyspace has a way of NOT answering your question in a dozen different ways.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:00 PM, ArtVandelay said:

BTW, if you have the mechanic install a quick drain, you can literally change the oil (not the filter) without removing the cowling. So if traveling, all you have to do is:

Connect a hose to the quick drain, open it to drain the oil, only requires to disconnect the left cowl flap.

Close drain, and fill with fresh oil.

No tools required, takes 30 minutes.

Obviously not ideal since old filter isn’t changed, but good enough until you return back home.

Tom

I have the quick drain on my engine.  It's nice, I thought they were all like that...  I am hoping to actually get my filter changed and do an oil sample.  My rough plan was to get a case of oil and filter delivered in advanced to my parents house.  I'm packing a torque wrench, safety wire, pliers, and sample kit.  No doubt, however, I'll get quoted a higher price if I help.... :P

• Like 1

MisFit,

you need to post more often...

I think some guys didn’t recognize you...   :)

KB did a great job with the video... you can barely see any of the engine in there...  hard to get the eagle’s eyes to see anything wrong that way... 

+1 for the Eagle Eye!   He saw some things and gave recommendations!!!!  Way to go, Doc! :)

Best regards,

-a-