Sad news 12/15/2019

On 12/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, chriscalandro said:

Unfortunately I know who this is and I know that airplane well. Anyone that knows anything please PM me. 

I know a few things that might fill in some holes...

Did you reach out to the NTSB?  See the Eyewitness Report link in the center of the page at ntsb.gov (I assume even though you weren't an eyewitness that additional info would be appreciated).

I did.  I called yesterday after putting 2 + 2 together after talking about the paint scheme here.  They've confirmed what I thought and I have given them what information I have.  I believe we have narrowed the time frame down quite a bit and now it's a game of wait and see what new information comes up.  I can see how it wen't unreported for a few days based on the history I know of.  The owner is not a member of this forum, and flew that airplane quite regularly.

I probably have around 10 hours in that airplane. 

a lot more as a passenger. 

Edited by chriscalandro
  • Sad 5

We still do not have confirmation of the pilot, or his spouses contact info, but do know the owner of the plane. Once someone has this info if you would share it, please do. Yesterday, I have found out who we think it is, but this has not been ascertained by chriscalandro or anyone yet.

I and several others know who the pilot is, what he was doing, and where he was going. I told you I’m not sure what the current relationship is between the pilot and the family and I asked if you would please wait for the names to be released before you started calling family members. So far it seems you’ve only looked at the registration data.  This one hits pretty close to home to me.

You don’t know who or what you’re talking about, but again, here you are representing yourself as some authoritative figure. It’s not you’re place to run the show.  I ask for a bit more respect in your responses. I find the above response and the one posted below a bit out of line.  People have died.  Be respectful, and be patient.  Right now is probably the most inappropriate time to start cold calling.

there are a number of people assisting the authorities. People who have experience with the pilot and the airplane. 

again, as I said privately, please wait for the details to become public. 

ME.jpg

Edited by chriscalandro

I think what @mike_elliott does is admirable and highly professional. He’s been doing it for a long time and, unfortunately, has quite a bit of experience doing it.

I’m sorry about the loss of your friend, but saying “I know what happened but I’m not telling anyone” isn’t particularly helpful to anyone.

Hopefully you have people you can talk to that will help you get through this, but don’t pick on Mike. He’s one of the good guys.

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

I think what @mike_elliott does is admirable and highly professional. He’s been doing it for a long time and, unfortunately, has quite a bit of experience doing it.

I’m sorry about the loss of your friend, but saying “I know what happened but I’m not telling anyone” isn’t particularly helpful to anyone.

Hopefully you have people you can talk to that will help you get through this, but don’t pick on Mike. He’s one of the good guys.

I’m not saying that at all. What I’m saying is I’m sure there is still family be tracked down. I’m not posting a bunch of personal information online until it’s public knowledge. Giving put that information is not helpful to anyone either. 

I reached out to Mike privately, and he chose to make the statement above after. I’m not picking on him. I’m telling him what it is. I don’t care how much experience you have doing something, there is an appropriate time, and an inappropriate time. Now I believe is an inappropriate time. There are many factors that play into that which are private conversations between the pilot and I. 

I don’t know the family, but from what I do know, at least let them hear it from the authorities first. 

the reason there are no public names right now are for exactly these reasons and I’m not going to be the one to change that. So whine and cry all you want that I’m withholding information. Your lack of patience has no effect on me. 
but that above statement?  After our private chat?  I have some words I’d love to share, but I’ll refrain there as well. I'm also not the only person on here with information. 

Be patient. Don't turn it into a debacle. Half of this thread is pure speculation about an entirely different airplane. Go debate how useful that was. 

Edited by chriscalandro
  • Like 1

Everyone, as a reminder the safety section is setup to discuss safety,mishaps, prention, etc. in a logical and clinical manner. I understand this can be difficult when members know the mishap pilot.

For this mishap there are very little details, so there is not much to analyze or discuss as to why this mishap occured.

I recommend we hold off and cool off for a bit. Everyone has good intentions, and right now discussing who the pilot is, whether their family has been contacted, etc. is outside the intent of the safety thread and would be best suited in the General section of the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ilovecornfields said:

I think all Chris was trying to say is: theres a fair chance the pilot's family doesn't know yet.  Having a random stranger (no matter how well intentioned) be the one to tell them is not appropriate.  Mike is a good dude, and I'm glad he does what he does, but I think there may be more at play here than the usual.

If he would like to do this, he sure can. There is nothing more to this fatality than usual. Protocols are all the same. Chrisorlando didnt have anything to offer that we didnt already know, just seemed troubled that I would act before survivors are notified, which is why I let him know I have done this before. For the rest, Once we have official confirmation, we will engage the Bill Gilliland foundation

• Like 6

Mike, The facts of this accident are that it was unreported for a significant amount of time, nobody seemed to be looking, and it was found by chance. 

But you think "protocols are the same"?

I think not. 

All I did was ask you to wait. You responded the way you did. 

Edited by chriscalandro

@chriscalandro &@mike_elliott, please take any open grievences offline. I recommend you chat versus text, but that's just a humble recommendation.

Any more posts about notifying the pilot's family (for or against) will lead to this thread being locked.

Fly safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Confused 1