Mooney Humor Continuous Thread

Stephen

Hi Mooneyspace, happy Saturday morning (afternoon etc for those not in the US). It snowed in Hannibal, MO this morning. The weather radar looked like this:

755452346_ScreenShot2019-12-14at9_06_19AM.thumb.png.7fce9d94c3f495be7cc373db892ad7f2.png

Not nearly the "lets get out and show our Mooney's some love" picture that I posted a week ago... If we are going to show the Mooney some love this weekend, for most of us non-FIKI flyers,  that probably should mean we plan on doing it in the hangar, also it will  probably would be a great idea to bring a jacket and gloves.

So, I started reading news and the more I ready about politics and world events, the more I decided that I really am a big fan of humor. I don't think life would be worth living without a regular laugh. Well timed and appropriate levity seems to help to deflate and right-size situations. If there is a short list of things that helps us not to take ourselves, others, situations and frustrations too seriously,  a good laugh is on the very short part of that short list. Whether you have just walked outside and found the dogs had their way with your garbage,  maybe you had a completely crappy day at work...or  perhaps found metal in your IO360  filter :o, or maybe you jut got bad news that very import to you has a serious medical condition, a well timed laugh can help us all get up, "rub some endorphins" on it and become constructive. Keeping that in mind, I thought it may be a great idea for us to have a continuous drip of humor thread to blend in with the fix, buy, debate, sell, what should I do and other such threads. I don't know about you, but as I browse MS, if I see that the "Mooney Humor Continuous Thread" (Craig, possible dedicated section or sticky?:D) has a new posting, I'm hitting that thing first. So, with that, here is my first installment...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I watched a guy build a P51 wing from scratch once. He spent almost as much time on the jig as the wing. The Jig will be a good 4 feet longer than the wing. 

You should move all the furniture into the garage and build the wing in the house.

You also want to take a couch on the lawn because that's where you are going to be sleeping for the rest of your life!

3 hours ago, FastTex said:

You also want to take a couch on the lawn because that's where you are going to be sleeping for the rest of your life!

That's OK--you can always sleep in the plane, but you can't fly a house . . . .  :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, amillet said:

Interesting formation. Wingmen are stepped up, not down as we are now taught

Makes for a good looking picture though.  It's easier to see the planes against the sky, if they were stepped down, the backdrop would be the ground.  

3 hours ago, Hank said:

That's OK--you can always sleep in the plane, but you can't fly a house . . . .  :P

My wife has wanted a new refrigerator for the last couple of years. Every time it looks like we'll buy one I spend the money on the plane... She refers to different things that have been done on the plane by what they took the place of, "that's the bathroom remodel, that's the refrigerator, etc..."  My answer is "You can't fly the fridge to see the grandchildren."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Skates97 said:

My wife has wanted a new refrigerator for the last couple of years. Every time it looks like we'll buy one I spend the money on the plane... She refers to different things that have been done on the plane by what they took the place of, "that's the bathroom remodel, that's the refrigerator, etc..."  My answer is "You can't fly the fridge to see the grandchildren."

I recently did a bathroom top overhaul on the front of my Mooney....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/15/2019 at 11:30 AM, Skates97 said:

Nice... well done!

On 12/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, amillet said:

Interesting formation. Wingmen are stepped up, not down as we are now taught

I think that picture was taken under "old formation school" or even before "formation school" existed :)

2 hours ago, eman1200 said:

Oh a byproduct of these wings will be turbulence, I can guarantee you that. The white is blue cheese. None of that ranch crap.

Oh, so instead of settling for just ruining the wings, you had to go make them nasty!

• Haha 1