corrosion proofing

Pete M

I plan to go with Dinitrol AV8, the AP/IA likes it best, because it dries nicely.  LPS3 is his second choice.  Corrosion-X and ACF50 are, I believe, older generation, although also work well.

Edited by tmo

I hose off my airplane every once in awhile. Corrosion X or ACF 50 by the can works great. 
Makes a mess but I don’t mind. In the desert the dust sticks to it, so I end up hosing the dust off with the stuff anyway. Probably don’t need to do it so often, but it feels good. Lol
-Matt

Before spraying, definitely seal off autopilot servos well by wrapping tightly in plastic before spraying and leave sealed for a couple days. Although they are quite safe for electronics, the lubricant action of these sprays can, for instance, wreak havoc on the clutch inside an STEC pitch servo. Subsequent attempts to fix can be expensive and exasperating. Ask me how I know :angry:.

I use WD-40 with the smart straw. Very convenient and effective as a lubricant and corrosion prevention. At CMC (Crowley Maritime Corporation)  they buy these by the cases. Very effective on marine corrosion prevention. Specially on the radar antenna. I used to carry a can on my climb to the antenna.

/th?id=OP.pfo8%2fwx8UR7ZwA474C474&w=256&h=256&o=5&pid=21.1

Edited by Gagarin

On 12/14/2019 at 8:52 AM, Pete M said:

Anyone have any recommendation for corrosion proofing treatment? Corrosion x, boeshield, ect? 

When my M20C lived outdoors...

It got a spray can of CorrosionX Sprayed throughout it every other year or so...

It seeps so well... it would wash and wick aluminum dust up through the rivets in the top of the wing... making them look like smoking rivets...  easy enough to wipe clean.

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-