Positive Control not so Positive Right Now

On 1/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, MBDiagMan said:

Okay here’s the latest.  The line in the wing had a section of line replaced and the splices were done by simply slipping 3/8” fuel line over the hard line and it was loose.  I did some good splices and now have it tight all the way to the aileron actuator.  I expect to connect the actuator tomorrow and see if it’s all tight.  I got some bellows from a fellow Mooneyspacer so I am prepared to reboot the actuator if necessary.

I might actually get there folks.  It’s been an education and I appreciate all the help!

Was this repair logged and do you have a pic?  It seems to me there is a better solution than fuel hose.

3 hours ago, Shadrach said:

Was this repair logged and do you have a pic?  It seems to me there is a better solution than fuel hose.

There are better solutions to cracked hoses than simply sliding a larger hose over it. Sounds like that was the PO's "repair, " likely unlogged and now redone correctly and hopefully logged . . . . .

The above photo is of the PC Pilot Valve.  In the lower right you will see an open brass tube.  The service documentation says this should be permanently capped.  It is open.  A rubber cap wouldn’t seem very permanent.  I capped it with a rubber cap and will try it.  Has anyone ever dealt with this issue?

Edited by MBDiagMan

15 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

E9E29EB0-301B-49E6-8B2A-84FEDB8CE45E.jpeg

In many cases there is a small red cap slipped into the brass bib.

You might also want to put all of the wires exiting your pilots control column thru the Adel clamp.  It offers better support for them.

Clarence

Ugh so much wrong with that picture.   My IA would not let it pass.   There should never be anything that close to the yoke tube that could even remotely cause the yoke to jam.   That pitot or static tubing is the worst offender.

Thanks again guys!  I rerouted the offending line that looked to be a potential bind and test flew it.   Voila!!  I have PC again!!  That means that the Trutrak will probably be released this week.

Thanks for all the help and moral support.

Edited by MBDiagMan
  • Like 3

On 12/19/2019 at 6:39 PM, Shadrach said:

Probably but I have never seen one fail. 

Go after the low hanging fruit. Pull the instrument access panels and verify all hoses awhere they should be. What year is your F? 

I will give credit where credit is due Shadrach.  You turned out to be correct.  There may have been someone else that pointed out that the problem was likely underneath the panel.  I had checked everything there, well as turned out not EVERYTHING......  Good news though is that things weren’t exactly right in the wing and the items near the yoke shaft, but all that is now up to snuff.

Thanks again to all.  I can now endure until the Trutrak.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, MBDiagMan said:

I will give credit where credit is due Shadrach.  You turned out to be correct.  There may have been someone else that pointed out that the problem was likely underneath the panel.  I had checked everything there, well as turned out not EVERYTHING......  Good news though is that things weren’t exactly right in the wing and the items near the yoke shaft, but all that is now up to snuff.

He was a big help when I was sorting my PC issues too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2020 at 5:16 PM, MBDiagMan said:

12 hours ago, Pasturepilot said:

He was a big help when I was sorting my PC issues too. 

Aw-shucks guys!  :)

• Haha 1

I now have some time flying with the PC and it makes it much more docile to fly.  I can simply trim it out and take on a heading and use a little rudder here and there and easily hold course and altitude.  It’s tiring to fly without it.  The PC was put on at the factory for a reason.  I’m still ready to Trutrak it though.

• Like 1