Changing Foreflight gross weight

20 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

I have recently became a fan of Foreflight.  When putting in my plane parameters, I have found that the gross can not be changed in the weight and balance pages from 3200 to what my poh says is 3368.  Can this be done so I can use this tool?

Go to your weight and balance. Select edit and click on the MGTW. Then change from 3200 to 3368.

Nik

2 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

That would be awesome!

Since you have an eagle poh, the STC includes paperwork to add to the POH. Was your POH altered with the new limitations? Also just curious but whats your empty weight and CG, without TKS fluid

I have all the weight and balance sheets for every modification to the plane in the POH.  On the paperwork does not show what the CG limits are, just the addition and deletion of weights and moments. 

My empty weight now is 2371.41 with the CG of 44.69

This plane does have FIKI, not just TKS.

Edited by Mufflerbearing
add information

59 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

the paperwork does not show what the CG limits are.

The CG limits are in the type certificate. It will also provide moment arms for each hole position in the seat rails, handy since my wife keeps her seat all the way back so she can wiggle her feet all she wants without coming near the rudder pedals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mufflerbearing said:

I read on MS that by upgrading the power output, that we were also able to use the whole 100 gallons of fuel that is available in the Ovation?  This is part of the STC?

Before it was legally limted to 75 gallons. Now woth the stc, im pretty sure you can just fill it up full. I get about 101 to 102 gallons in my tanks.

Edited by Niko182
  • Like 1

For an interesting comparison...

I shared some WnB numbers with a new O pilot... a couple of weeks ago, around here...  literally the weight and balance app called WnB... :)

The numbers were for the O1 that I had at the time... the nose got heavier with the O3 power plant...

A proper screamin’ Eagle should be able to use the same WnB as the O... (technically)

As I had this comparison discussion with an MSer about a decade ago... Cris was a great resource for Screamin’ Eagle info... you might find his writing  @Cris  (unfortunately Cris flew west a while back...)

As far as documentation goes.... the hangar elf may have recorded things like...

• Pixie hole for cylinder five... alternator block
  • air vent for the fuel neck, to get to 102gal...
  • FF at max T/O power, rumored to be 28-30gph a bit higher than the max documented 27.2gph...

So check with your mechanic or his elf to see if those were taken care of...

fuzzy PP memories only, not a mechanic... I don’t speak hangar elf-ese...

Best regards,

-a-