Looking for Mooney CFI In DFW area

Just Purchased N74562 from the current owner

looking for someone who can help me transition. Plane is currently @ Caddo Mills and hopefully will be in Denton soon. Please PM if you know someone.

Thanks!

-Don

• Like 1

Thanks for all the referrals, everyone. I am absolutely slammed on flying work and getting this insurance agency software live for 2020.  But I sent him a message - maybe we will get something worked out.

We all need some more Dallas area CFIs that are Mooney-proficient.

It seems we’ve got some of the best MSCs, the factory, and a lot of planes in this state...but desperately need more CFIs. Maybe I need to find a group - M20C, M20J, and M20R that we can get an insurance company to sign off on me putting some CFIs thru a 10 hour short/medium/long body course.

• Like 6

I'm working on my private in my Mooney and I've been flying with Michael at Pilot Rise located at T67. Young kid but has 300+ hrs. in his Mooney. 

Also make sure you're apart of the North Texas Aviators group on Facebook, great group and I'm sure you can find a Mooney CFI on your side of town

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

Spoke with Brian Lloyd and he said he’ll help me get my transition trading. He’s flying up from San Antonio area in his Mooney so should be a fun time.

Found him on MooneyFlyers.com - super nice man..

interesting fact on him:   http://projectameliaearhart.org/

-Don

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hammdo said:

Just an update:

Spoke with Brian Lloyd and he said he’ll help me get my transition trading. He’s flying up from San Antonio area in his Mooney so should be a fun time.

Found him on MooneyFlyers.com - super nice man..

interesting fact on him:   http://projectameliaearhart.org/

-Don

Don,

Glad you found someone.  Sorry I could not help.

Flying quite a bit and making service stays solid at the agency.

Don,

We know Brian Lloyd...   :)  (MS background check...)

Want to see a detailed micro-thin slice of his background?

@BCrystal wrote a daily update regarding one of the flights he made in his Mooney... Somewhat recently...

Some guys know flying Mooneys at a very high level...

We watched live on MS... using flightAware....

For comparison... ordinary MSers fly Mooneys to Europe using the Northern Route... Canada, Greenland, Iceland....Ireland. :)  Some even come back... and then do it again... and again...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks hammdo for starting the legwork for me. I'll be in the market for the same, assuming everything continues to go well with the sale. I'll be looking for some instruction around feb 9th in longview (KGGG) if any CFIs plan out that far, PM me, I will be excited to give you the work!

• 1 month later...

Shout out for the great CFI work that Parker Woodruff did for me over the weekend.  Spent over an hour answering my noob questions on the drive out to KGGG and many hours in the air teaching me the ways of the Mooney.  Was even nice enough to grab the one-way car rental and pick me from KDAL!  Genuinely a nice guy and skilled instructor.  

And oh yeah, I was afraid to jinx it but I now have N5675Q in my stable!  Brought her back from Don Maxwell over the weekend to Phoenix.  My co-pilot of ten years has bequeathed the name "Goldilocks" upon her.

35122.jpeg

2020-02-08 16.42.03.jpg

35403.jpeg

• Like 2

Congrats ziggy!

great job getting the transition training!

Parker is becoming the quintessential MSer!

From his days in Upgrading and flying one of the finest Mooneys, to training MSers, to starting his own business insuring Mooneys...

Go Parker!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1