MAPA subscription

Is MAPA subscription worth $50 a year?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is MAPA subscription worth $50 a year?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know if I get the insurance discount, but that would be a big factor. Otherwise, you get the magazine, which is not near as nice as it once was. There is no longer a convention, so no benefit there. But it gives you access to the MAPA forum, which has value and allows you to stay in touch with some folks who aren't on Mooneyspace. So, it depends on how much you value those things. I still belong, as it is worth it to me.

1 hour ago, KB4 said:

I get a 5% discount on insurance as MAPA member, so they actually pay me.  I get a net gain.   

How does one confirm getting the discount? I use Falcon as my underwriter but stopped paying the MAPA dues years ago.

Dev,

usually a discussion with your broker is all it takes...

Like listing additional training, hours flown, and the like...

As far as MAPA goes... its is a great organization with history.... so The Who’s who in Mooney training are in contact there...

The magazine was the only way to get access to the writings of people at the factory... Bob Kromer’s plane reviews and how to fly specific models were great!

I started with a MAPA membership... probably something I learned about from David at AAA...

A MAPA weekend including all the flight training you can get is very worthwhile... these are regional events that are good for training specific IFR challenges of the area...

The training is also very flexible so that it can be adjusted to the new Mooney pilot, or re-newed Mooney Pilot.... a great way to burn off insurance requirements with a real Mooney CFII... or become refamiliarized after time off from flying a Mooney... 

MAPA used to have a tent at KOSH... a great place to hide out of the sun, meet some Mooniacs and get some lemonade...

so.... I met a few early MSers there a decade or so ago...Mitch, Jolie, and another guy who had been rebuilding his Mooney....

Since the invention of the internet... MS has been the way to go!

But... for 50 bucks a year... go for it... it’s worth it...  :)

It isn’t an either or... it’s a both... and add that other one too... EAA?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1