Old Mooney Accident and transport to KPAO by a helicopter

8 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

Based on the use of slings, and their placement, I’d suspect some serious fuselage wrinkles.  Major damage to airframe.  

The front mount was attached to engine mount near the firewall with sling under the wings and fuselage.   The under-body was already damaged since it went down shortly after take off  with gears up.

Underbody damage is from scraping along tera firma.  Skins replaceable.

Sling under fuselage and wings is another aspect.   Those types of skins are not nearly as inexpensive to replace.

My opinion only..... I’d rather not do that.

With that said..... it sure looks super cool with that mode of transportation.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooneyMitch said:

Underbody damage is from scraping along tera firma.  Skins replaceable.

Sling under fuselage and wings is another aspect.   Those types of skins are not nearly as inexpensive to replace.

My opinion only..... I’d rather not do that.

With that said..... it sure looks super cool with that mode of transportation.:D

agreed.  I was a Cessna driver back then but it was hard to see a beautiful Mooney wrinkled.