Happy Saturday to MS

Stephen

Hi MS. Happy Saturday morning for those of you in the US and afternoon/etc for those abroad. I just took a look at the sat precipitation map and it looks like this:

1447638178_ScreenShot2019-12-07at8_09_30AM.thumb.png.c1ae2e7b78f2f11855971ddfca3b69b6.png

I'm thinking we get out there and show our Mooneys some love...

Pictures or it never happened. 

• Like 1

It looks good for most of us. I came from Dallas yesterday to Centennial (Denver). I only got about 1/2 hour of IMC. I'm here visiting my son in Castle Rock, to help him replace a head gasket on his wife's Prius. I'm having to adapt to trying to get enough oxygen at 6700 feet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

Hi MS. Happy Saturday morning for those of you in the US and afternoon/etc for those abroad. I just took a look at the sat precipitation map and it looks like this:

1447638178_ScreenShot2019-12-07at8_09_30AM.thumb.png.c1ae2e7b78f2f11855971ddfca3b69b6.png

I'm thinking we get out there and show our Mooneys some love...

Pictures or it never happened. 

Were having quite the winter storm out west wind blowing hard enough to shake the house. The western storm door has opened which is great news for California.

3 hours ago, Nick Pilotte said:

Wasn’t in a Mooney today but I just got back from practicing landings for a couple hours.  It really was nice out today. Little overcast over Chicago now but not bad.  Lots of activity at KDPA today. 

what did you have to fly?

Go Mooney!

:)

-a-

1 hour ago, cferr59 said:

Unfortunately, mine is a little taken apart because I am putting in a Rieff Preheater.   Finished the epoxy today and waiting for it to cure.  A&P will come by Monday to inspect.

moon.jpg

I see the pre heater sitting there by the nose wheel, can't for the life of me figure out where it will fit under the cowling 

58 minutes ago, steingar said:

3.5 in the Mooney today. First big Mooney trip. Fetched Mrs. Steingar back from Alma Mi. Thank goodness for the Mooney. Without it I’d still be driving.

You'd still be driving TO Michigan, rather than being at home with her.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cferr59 said:

Unfortunately, mine is a little taken apart because I am putting in a Rieff Preheater.   Finished the epoxy today and waiting for it to cure.  A&P will come by Monday to inspect.

moon.jpg

I think that definately qualifies as showing some love to your Mooney!

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think that definately qualifies as showing some love to your Mooney!

I guess it does.  Rieff says 2-4 hours to install.  Maybe if you've done it before, but I'm going on  6+ now.  But, I'm learning a lot in the process and fixing a few other minor things.  Very fortunate to have an A&P that is willing to give me advice and inspect the install.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DonMuncy said:

It looks good for most of us. I came from Dallas yesterday to Centennial (Denver). I only got about 1/2 hour of IMC. I'm here visiting my son in Castle Rock, to help him replace a head gasket on his wife's Prius. I'm having to adapt to trying to get enough oxygen at 6700 feet.

I know what you mean

Have a friend who lives at 8500' ... try to go up the stairs and it you definately feel the rarified air. 

8 hours ago, cferr59 said:

moon.jpg

Hey, I think that's @daver328's old airplane.  And it seems he's deleted his account and all of his content.  That's too bad. 

Does anyone know what happened to him?  Maybe @RogueOne ?

• Sad 1