TSIO 360 mb overhaul time has come

Greg252AY

Has anyone used America's Aircraft Engines out of Oklahoma? A couple local mechanics where I am based (Denton, TX) have used them several times with good results. I thought about a factory rebuilt from airpower but the 62G is to high for my taste. I talked with jewel and he was about the same price as Americas Aircraft. It Turns out that I went to high school with the owner of Americas aircraft In Tulsa back in the day so I have decided to give them my business. BTW, its around 37G with factory cylinders. I love my 252 and how fast and efficient it is but Mx cost on this engine is much more than the IO 470 and 520 i have owned in the past. 

1 hour ago, Greg252AY said:

I talked with jewel and he was about the same price as Americas Aircraft.

Which Jewel did you talk to?  There are 2 engine shops in the greater Memphis area....John Jewel in MS and Sam & David Jewel in Kennett MO.  I've used both shops.  Both are good engine rebuilders, but price may be somewhat different.

I talked with David in Kennett. I know they have a good reputation on MS forum and my decision came down to my local guys working with America's Aircraft and having a good relationship with them. Price was about the same.  I was surprised some of the well known shops around the country quoted me 62G.  I am sure they do great job but that is the same price as factory reman. Its hard to believe a engine rebuild is the price of a nice new car. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Make sure you check all the details with what you are getting for that broad range of price...

The beauty of the 252 is really well known...

But to keep it working forever is going to be expensive...

Best regards,

-a-

Yep.  When it's running right, it's the best mix of efficiency, speed, and smoothness that anyone can get (when flown up high).

Not to tell the OP to spend more money...but while he's at it...maybe consider an Encore conversion.

• Like 2