Early J seats in a 65 C

I tried doing a search on this, but didn't have much luck.  Is there any precedence for legally installing early model J seats, front and back, in a 65 C?  For the back seat both would be bench style, not split.  You can find good used seats from early J/K's at the same or lower price than the you can find seat upholstery kits.  Just looking into options as I want to start cleaning up my interior. 

• Like 1

I know it can be done because mine has them.  I have the articulating front seats and the rear solid bench with adjustable back.  I don't know what you need to do from a documentation standpoint.  I'm sure someone will come along with more specifics.

1 minute ago, rbridges said:

I know it can be done because mine has them.  I have the articulating front seats and the rear solid bench with adjustable back.  I don't know what you need to do from a documentation standpoint.  I'm sure someone will come along with more specifics.

Do you see any entries in your airframe log or 337 form, etc?  There should be something.  The seats seem like a very worthwhile upgrade.

18 minutes ago, Tcraft938 said:

Do you see any entries in your airframe log or 337 form, etc?  There should be something.  The seats seem like a very worthwhile upgrade.

I can look.  My plane has a bunch of 337s.  They did a bunch of work on it in '98, and it's probably buried in there.

M20 Mooney parts from the factory... all sitting on the same rails... supporting the same FAA standard pilot... The locks in the seat rails should be identical as well... something to check on anyways...

Also check to make sure the seatbelts are operating properly too... some get swapped left for right for various reasons... when the shoulder strap gets added...

It probably gets logged the same way swapping parts from one M20 to another gets done...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-