looking for 337 for GDL-82 install

clh

Installed Garmin GDL-82 IAW SA02573SE.

----------------------Nothing Follows-----------------

That's all that is required for an STC'ed alteration.  Everything else such as parts, approvals, and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness are included in the STC instructions. 

(I got the STC number above from the Aircraft Spruce website. You might want to double check it.)

I don’t have one in front of me, but my Garmin STCs always have the same basic boilerplate-

Installed garmin STC AW123456XYZ in accordance with Garmin STC installation manual 010-123456-00 Rev X and AC 43.13 1B Ch 11.  Post installation checks satisfactory.  Electrical load analysis performed and satisfactory.  Aircraft W&B and equipment list revisions entered.  ICA AFMS and POH supplement placed in aircraft.  End.  

Not an IA / AP.  All the stuff about electrical load analysis, etc is included in the STC manual so redundant. They just tend to be included as a formality I suppose...

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, clh said:

HI all

My mechanic asked me if I had or could find a form 337 for the installation of a GDL-82  ADS-B.   

Does anyone have one to share?

Any certified A&P should know how to fill a 337

to sign a 337 , your A&P mechanic needs to have an IA

Having said that ... what could be so "special" about the GDL-82 that makes him want to see how a 337 is completed ? I am curious .... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, clh said:

He  very rarely works on avionics. 

337’s are for any major alterations from what I’ve been told, not just avionics. And, I thought 337’s needed to be filed by an IA? I’ll go ahead and add the disclaimer that I might be talking out of place 

1 hour ago, RLCarter said:

337’s are for any major alterations from what I’ve been told, not just avionics. And, I thought 337’s needed to be filed by an IA? I’ll go ahead and add the disclaimer that I might be talking out of place 

You are correct, partly, a Certified Repair Station can also approve one as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clh said:

He thought I had one in my plane.

He  very rarely works on avionics. 

This was the first one he has done for the GDL-82. 

if he rarely works on avionics, i would worry about his/her ability to do the work (wiring and setup) rather than the paperwork

The paper work is very much standard and applies  to anything that is installed based on an STC (basis for installation - in this case the STC - , refer to the install manual, w&b was completed, ..... , and requirement for CAW)   

I'm not an A&P but I sometimes pretend to be one on the internet. Check out the attached 2017 technical paper the FAA issued to clarify the FAA 2016 memo concerning ADSB installations.  The technical paper has a very detailed sample 337 to use as a go-by.   Cheers  

ADS-B_Out-In_Installation_Tech_Paper(9-25-17).pdf

• 7 months later...