Marauders Cardinal for sale (if Marauder had a Cardinal)

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

Amen brother! If I ever sell my Mooney, she ain't ever appearing here.

Same here!   I’ve been told by two brokers I should be able to get 100 out of my F within 1 month...  they don’t hang out on MS though...     on MS, apparently Fs top out at 70.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carusoam said:

What allowed you to to say yes to purchasing your Mooney...

1) did you know somebody that had one?

2) did you see any flying at your local airport?

3) had you seen one opened up in a maintenance facility?

4) Did you hear the usual falsehoods of tight, small, corrosion, and leaks... and not be able to refute this for yourself?

5) Do you usually purchase the big brand names when buying big ticket items?

6) Did you fly one?

It takes a giant leap of trust in one’s decision making to not follow the crowd....

Market pricing rules... two buyers looking at the same machine... price suddenly increases...

Two different machines... with only one buyer... how strong is his pull for... speed, efficiency, and safety...?

I have done #6 twice... you know you have made the proper choice somewhere about the time the gear is up, and you are climbing out.... I was pretty happy about the time FT was put in place...

:)

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

It has been an eye opening exercise for me pondering your questions -a-. I had never flown in a Mooney, nobody I knew owned one. I heard they were small inside. My mechanic friend said they were hard to work on. I heard they were hard to land. Yet I ended up owning a Mooney.  I do remember my first “Oh wow” Mooney sighting though. It was March 17, 2006, I was taxiing out and watched a long body land. That was one of the most beautiful, graceful aircraft I had ever seen. Fast forward to summer 2016 and my daughter gets accepted to a school 670 nm away. The Skylane I was flying was not right for that mission and my research led me to Bo’s, Cardinal RG’s,  Vikings and Mooney’s. 

One of the main reasons I ended up with my Mooney was the value. No other aircraft in the running came close to acquisition cost, fuel burn or speed. The Vikings were a close second though. So my Mooney purchase was based purely on value with no experience to draw from. Was it a great leap of trust in my decision making skills?  Maybe, but if not for the great value I might have ended up with a Viking. 

Edited by Eight8Victor
  • Like 1

I haven’t looked...

Is there a vibrant VikingSpace?  With a bunch of vibrant Viking owners?

My first Mooney... there wasn’t a vibrant MooneySpace either...

My Poor M20C had to live outside too... I think Vikings are mostly indoor planes? (Fabric and wood?)

A good cover, and a decade of being outdoors... the M20C did really well...

The M20C experience was so good... looking at a J was the next step...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, carusoam said:

I haven’t looked...

Is there a vibrant VikingSpace?  With a bunch of vibrant Viking owners?

My first Mooney... there wasn’t a vibrant MooneySpace either...

My Poor M20C had to live outside too... I think Vikings are mostly indoor planes? (Fabric and wood?)

A good cover, and a decade of being outdoors... the M20C did really well...

The M20C experience was so good... looking at a J was the next step...

Best regards,

-a-

Says the man who looked at a J and bought an R . . . . .  :o

I stumbled onto early MooneySpace during lunchtime research  trying to learn as much as possible about the plane I had bought . . . .

You bring much vibrancy to MooneySpace and to Mooney get-togethers. I can only imagine what a lunch flight with you would be like! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I own a 73RG Cardinal, along with a 68FG Cardinal.  I wanted to purchase a C model Mooney, but the better Half was used to the large doors on the 68FG.  I told her that the Mooney was much faster than the 68FG and we could be there 30 to 45 minutes sooner.  She said that the comfort was more important for napping so I found the 73RG Cardinal and now I am faster than the 68FG and a little slower than the C.  What I learned about the Cardinal RG was if looking for one get the latest year model you can find.  The early 71 and 72 model have a dragger cowl and electronic down locks actuators.  The 73 Cardinals got Hydraulic downlock actuators.  The electronic down locks are costly to overhaul, and the Hydraulic's just have a few o rings.  I have had the 73RG for a year now and am really liking it.  But a nice Mooney taxi's by and it still snaps my neck.

• Like 1

I couldn't touch a 177RG for the prices of the Mooney Rangers I was shopping.  A straight legged 177 sure, but they're nowhere near as fast as a Mooney on the same gas and still for more money.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the vintage Mooneys are the biggest bang for your buck in all of GA.

And by the way, I bought mine off this very site.

• Like 1